Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dyno Jet VS Mikuni Jets

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Jet VS Mikuni Jets

Cool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now I know where it is all the time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

so david you said i should run 148/150 mains if i had the dynojet jets if i was going to run with no lid,I am way to rich it looks like ,I might have to run like a 145/150 or even lower to be almost the same as what you are running in dynos..I am at 160/165 so i should go to what jet size to be safe in the sand and des...Hey larry you are right i am running some big arss jets..LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yea thanks for making me famous on the Net!!!!!I knew this day would come..Got to go riding with you guy';s more often so i can get on some more videos..Thanks,also PM me if you guy's are discussing trips to st anthoney's or anywhere else out of state..p>s Let justin know i hope he had a good B-Day ...Fastest 12 year old iv seen on a Raptor...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, but I had my thinking just the oposite of what I was saying the diff in the jets where. The dyno's are larger than the mikuni as far as the numbers go any way.

Old 01-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dynojets flow more fuel than mikuni, When I ran the mikunis I had to run the 150-155 mikuni to be able to run with no lid. I ran as high as 160-165 with the mikuni jets, needles, springs. I settled on 155-160 until it got warmer then it wasn't running as good, I then went back to 150-155 mikuni to get it to run good again. I finaly bought the dynojet kit and it runs strong no matter what the temp is, it seems less tempermental to temperature change to me.

I'm currently useing dynojet 150-155 clip on 4th groove, fuel screws out 3 left 3 1/4 right carb. I did a plug check this past weekend and the base ring of the plug is a good tan/brown color, the ground strap color change is right in the center of the bend and the porcelon looks light gray ish in color with no detonation down inside. I believe its jetted perfectly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That chart does'nt make any sence. Mikuni sizes are allways larger when compared to DJ. Sam you have 155/160 mains in right now if you were running better at a higher alt. that means you need to run bigger jets for lower alt.

Old 01-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL, I'll tell Justin what you said. But I saw a 12 or so year old girl on her dads 686 Raptor at pismo one time and she was faster, only cause of the quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He did tryt and chase her down on my Rappy but I wasn't modded the way I am now so he wasn't close. Still not close enough but, he'd have a better shot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

well i hope it's the temp ,I cant actually tell you what the diffrences are because i wasent running dynos,I thought i was but those damm mechanics!I probabley should run what you said before i go to glamis..you think that would be wise 155/160 ,That's one more set down from what i am running know ..

Old 01-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mitch says thats what you are at now 155-160, he's the one who put them in for you. I think thats sounds about right to me. It was running right at Dumont after Mitch made the change wasn't it?

Old 01-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think im there yet i might have to go one more down, i have to look at my jets,But it ran ok and when i went on the run with sand pig i had the same experience ,Sputtering when i am trying to hold the throttle down in 4th or 5th and then it bog's out or the bike will shut off and then i can restart it when rolling ,just shuts off for a second...I was also told to run the idle kind of high ,I really hope it's the main jet's but i also go riding in gorman up the 5 highway and it ran great and that is where i first started experiencing problems and what made me change to GYT-R jet kit..Ran good up the hill in second and third and stayed nose to nose with mitch (sixsixt) and he has the same things i do except he has the proflow filter and i have the k&N highflow filter(Bolted the top to run with no lid) could that make a diffrence in what jet's he using and what jets im using,his filter is bigger and might let in a little more air than mine or it shouldent make a diffrence!If it doesent make a diffrence than i think something else is wrong with my bike because we are running the same set up(Besides the air filter) and he has no problems.

Quick Reply: Dyno Jet VS Mikuni Jets