Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ATTN: cammed Raptors

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: cammed Raptors

Mine made so much noise I was sure I had done something wrong...I lowered the clearances below recom min and just keep an eye on them runs great and reduced the noise

BRAAAAAP

Old 01-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Range Rover

same here exactly! Im glad Im not alone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Chimmer, I have that same "exhaust fart" (that's funny as hell BTW)!!

But mine has only come SINCE the cam installation, I can't figure out why it happens! I thought it had something to do with the cam,,,, that's weird that your's went away when you installed the cam. I never had it until I did install the cam...... WTF?!?!?!??!?!!

"TOID"

Old 01-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

I was fixing to have the valve lash adjusted when it QUIT!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It was running real strong before it happened though!! And yes they were real noisy!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2003, 10:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

This is encouraging. I'm going to go to a .006-.008 next time I check the valves or maybe even a .005-.007. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2003, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Ernie, that is strange that yours does it with the new cam while mine went away with the new cam/piston. When a buddy of mine admitted his does it after he installed his full pipe & jet kit I had to laugh because I thought I was the only one. However, he is still on the stock piston/cam. Before I got the new cam/piston, I went to jetting hell & back to try & alleviate the problem. I must say, I have nightmares(daymares) that my new setup will one day fart at me after I shut it off because I got so used to it happening. Knock on wood that it doesn't ever happen again. Just like Yamaha would never admit in their manual that the 2001 tranny may explode before its time, can you imagine if the pipe mfgs admitted in their instructions that with their new pipe & jetting recommendations that the atv could fart after you turn off the ignition, LOL....
Good luck with yours.

Old 01-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

I say the heck with it ~ everyone (thing) gets a little gassy every once in a while. LOL

I know that my jetting is "spot on", so that is not something that I tend to mess with just due to some farts - besides, I love the smell of them! I run the Klotz Nitro octane booster with my higher compression and I am addicted to the smell of that stuff!! It's great!!

Old 01-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I have no idea why....but mine is quite a bit quieter after the cam and piston addition.....must have been the engine builder..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ernie, where is your jetting at this point?

Old 01-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ernie, I picked up one of the Snuf-R-Not end caps for my e-series....you have gotta try this out. You will need too re-jet though.

Old 01-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Yo G, my current jetting is Dyno Jets 150/155, pilots 27.5, needles 4th from top, air screws 3 out!

I made me a cap just like the Snuf R Not! When I saw it, I knew I could make one, so I did. I don't run it right now tho (winter). I'm at 14 discs!

(edit) Do you have the full headers or just the E slip on? I don't remember...

Quick Reply: ATTN: cammed Raptors