Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Letter from Yamaha about my tranny.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Letter from Yamaha about my tranny.

E-raptoid.... you should sue Yamaha! They knew the product was defective (hence the change for 02) and still they did nothing to fix it. You, in turn, got hurt by Yamaha's failure to recall the defective product..... Not a lawyer, but if you found a good one it could mean big bucks!

Old 01-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Shame on you archer!!!

No one is trying to get rich. They just want what they bought fixed. I don't know if you meant it the way your post read but that is not the answer. Our sport does not need to have lawsuits against the companies that make our toys.
Do you remember 3-wheelers you can see where lawsuits got them.

Old 01-08-2003, 12:03 PM
Range Rover

They sent that same response to thousands of other raptor owners they could care less about. Its all one big load of BS.

That 3% chance of my next quad being a yamaha, is now 0%.

Old 01-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Range Rover

Hey, it was just an idea! Some of the guys here are genuinely pi$$ed off at Yamaha, and if Yamaha wants to be pric ks and not do anything, a simple suit would get everyone's '01 fixed. I do understand your side jcsact, and I'm sure nobody would have the testicular fortitude to do what I suggested anyways. I do find it quite disturbing that someone went over the handlebars because of Yamaha's inability to adress a problem. (yes in '02 they fixed it, but what about the '01 owners?)

Old 01-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I know what you mean archer but I would hate for someone to do it for the wrong reasons like monetary gains. What it breaks down to is that the Manufactures don't trust the people that have been honest with them. The Manufactures automatically say that you abused your machine which from what I have read that is not true in most cases.

It's the guy who takes a totally stock machine tries a 30' double just because the 4-wheeler has a clucth and 2 wheel drive they can be a freestyle expert then something breaks and then gets pissed off because when Yamaha says no. How does that old saying go "It only takes a few bad apples to spoil the whole damn bunch". That is why there are aftermarket parts offered for these machines so you can beef it up if needed. The Yamaha 01 tranny does not need to be beefed up just fixed right.
I don't blame the manufactures either because I have seen what some people do to there equipment but they do have to trust us a little more when we tell them what happened. I todays society No one owns up to there mistakes, it is always some one elses fault.

Old 01-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

Me too Bandit ~ 0%!!!

Hell, I'll buy a Pooplaris before I buy another Yama*$#@&*!!!

But it will probably be the GAS GAS, that is one bad *****!

"TOID"

Old 01-08-2003, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Do you guys remember the guy that sent a letter to dirtwheels about wanting a loud pipe, and how many responces he got?
A couple of you should send a letter that asks dirtwheels why Yamaha won't recall 01 raptors. Dirt Wheels is reconized magazine and maybe you can get yamaha to listen by getting a bunch of people to write Dirtwheels.

Old 01-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

I sure do remember that ~ and you're right, that may be a good idea!
But then again, they problably won't publish something that would be gouging at their supporters! But, ya never know!

Old 01-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

But then again, they problably won't publish something that would be gouging at their supporters! But, ya never know!
Ya thats true.

Old 01-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

yes, i think something should definately be done. I am planning on purchasing a yamaha raptor but i am not too sure after seeing yamaha attitude towards their customers. As with all the products I buy, i cherish companies that have friendly, caring customer service that arent afraid to take responsibility for their flaws. Thats why for snowboarding, i only buy Burton. But anyways, something should definately be done.

I agree with archer. A lawsuit isnt that bad. This isnt a lawsuit condeming quads in general. IT is making a company liable for a dangerous flaw in their equipment. Why should someone have to fly over their handlebars for no good reason after spening 6500 for a atv they just bought a couple of years ago. And then yamaha has the audascity to say they dont even know what your talkin bout. What their memory is bad. They forgot? Sue them, thatll refresh their memory. Its called tough love. Sometimes u gotta get loud and aggressive to get your point across. I dunno, just my two cents.

Seriously, lets do something. This problem really wont affect me but it makes me sick and might stop me from purchasing a raptor and buying a predator. later

Quick Reply: Letter from Yamaha about my tranny.