Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my sprocket ate it

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my sprocket ate it

I recently bought a 14t sprocket(custom sprockets) and i had a accident in my back yard jump i came down like really hard on the back wheels and i was on the gas hard as i could cuz i was almost straight up and didnt want to flip,when i landed it broke my chain and my front sprocket is scratched and chipped to...i ordered a primary drive 14 t sprocket and a x ring chain ....anyways what i wanted to know is am i gonna need to get a nother master link to get the chain to fit the 14 t sprocket(stock is 13).....and is a master link from a x ring the same as from a o ring,cuz if it is ill use one from my old chain...oh one more question ,i ordered the sprocket (and fmf carbon reeds) from rocky mountain atv,the total price of the products was 38$ but it costed me 60 dollars total,is that their normal shipping rate cuz it seemed quite high

Old 01-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think the master link would be the same. It's been a while since I've bought a chain but seems to me thet usually come with a master link, could be wrong.

Old 01-08-2003, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

thanks

Old 01-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

that freight charge sounds too steep to me Alan. you might call them or check the invoice closely when it gets there. i've dealt with them a lot and theyll answer yer questions i'm sure.

see ya bud

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Those straight up and down landings are the worst. I think more axles probably get bent that way. Your rear shock doesn't work hardly at all on a straight down landing. Almost all the give comes from the tires and the axle.

Every chain I've purchased came with a master link. You should have enough chain length only going up one tooth in the front.

Sounds to me like you paid more for the x-ring chain that you think. The sprocket had to be at least $7 so that leaves you with a $31 chain.

/Jon

Old 01-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I order four rims and two tires from Rcky Mnt yesterday with a shipping cost of $128.00, but that was for two day air. So the $22 for you does sound a little high for ground shipping.

Old 01-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Damn Ward, what, do ya live in the sticks or what? Nobody had anything closer to home? You could have almost bought some front tires and wheels for your shipping charges. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I could have bought front tires and wheels for $128, actualy I think I did, they might have been $132. And yes I live in Hillbilly heaven MS, and nobody around here has a clue what paddle tires are. You pull up to the store to get some gas, with paddle tire equiped quad on the trailor, and some redneck is going to ask you how good those there thangs do in the mud down at swammmy holler, its sickening.

I had to have the tires by FSW and I just waited too long. O well though they'll be here Monday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2003, 10:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL, that was funny. I figured you needed them fast for 4SW. Hope to meet you there. Happy duneing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2003, 04:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Same to you Ward, LOL. I have seen that a couple times.

Quick Reply: my sprocket ate it