Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

PS2 off-road fury2 ONLINE

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS2 off-road fury2 ONLINE

Got the online adapter last-night. with My cable modem (Adelphia) it was plug and play. still can't believe it worked the first try. Anyways, i hooked up last night about 6pm...went to bed @ 3AM.

This thing rocks...hell i want to quit my job and become the next J. jones or Doug Gust online...GNCC virtual champion. i've found my goal in life Mom.

No S. this thing is bad *** and i look forward to lining up with all you folks...it's funny as hell hearing everyone giving the Punk throttle on the line. Big diffrence from beating a machine...for instance...holeshots are tougher, everyone takes the first turn as tight as possible and will bump you to upset your holeshot. your watching for blocking passes as well as lappers. it's all the adrenaline and none of the blisters and maintinance.

Here's the the best. the wife loves it. normaly when i turn the game on, she goes running to next room or gets on the phone to yap to her friends. well, she was up with me all night cheering me on and giving me S. " honey look out. here comes Dirtybastard on the inside" ..."last lap don't panic, you don't want Fastchic to spank you." Lol.

Thank you Sony...i'm born again.

$39 for the adapter. Ha. cheapest mod with the best gains for riding ever!

Living in NH we have 2 MX tracks: southwick and Jolly Rogers. hell that covers MA RI CT VT NH ME. FSW doesn't exist up north. until now.

See you on the Line

28 Kuzmich

Old 01-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Range Rover

Has anyone ever tried this with a dial-up connection? I was wondering if you would get spanked by a cable connection if you were on a dial-up. I tried playing some computer games online and i felt like I was in slow-mo!

Old 01-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

without high speed...i think the experience would be flat. even with the Cable modem...i did notice slower action. it's very slight...not as much as if i was playing doubles on one machine...but i did notice something.

Old 01-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: mascman
Has anyone ever tried this with a dial-up connection? I was wondering if you would get spanked by a cable connection if you were on a dial-up. I tried playing some computer games online and i felt like I was in slow-mo!
You can only race people who are hooked up the same way you are. You can't race someone on broadband if you are dial-up. Broadband lets you race up to 4 people while dial-up only allows 2. I have heard dial-up runs as smooth as BB though.

Hey Kuzmich, Look me up some evening and we'll see what you got. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

So when you are hooked up, there is a message that asks if you wanna race someone online? I have never done this before, but would be interested in trying.....is there an extra fee?

Old 01-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: garyc660R
So when you are hooked up, there is a message that asks if you wanna race someone online? I have never done this before, but would be interested in trying.....is there an extra fee?
You will see a list of races that are being hosted by individuals and you just click onto one and join in and race. You do not have to communicate with anyone online at all if you don't want to. If you want to chat there is a seperate area setup for that. It is really easy to get around once you get online.

Old 01-10-2003, 03:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

SO internet access plugs into the adaptor, which plugs into the PS2?

Old 01-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: garyc660R
SO internet access plugs into the adaptor, which plugs into the PS2?

That's right. The adaptor plugs into the back of the PS2 and there are 2 jacks on the adaptor. One for Cable or DSl and one for a phone line if you use dial-up for your internet access.

Old 01-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds cool....thanks for the info.

Old 01-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I have to get Network our computer or pay $7.95 a month for an extra IP Address cuz we have Broadband. So i'll have to spend an extra 110$ to get workin.

Quick Reply: PS2 off-road fury2 ONLINE