Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Exhaust Yoshi, Alba, HMF GYT-R???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Exhaust Yoshi, Alba, HMF GYT-R???

Whats the problem with the wheel spacers? I left mine on when I dynoed mine, I have the easy fit style. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh and Pat. I'll be happy to show you the *** end of my Alba pipe anytime you want. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

raptor03 its louder then the Yoshi but also deeper tone

Whsershin you can show me the back end all you want its still JUST a alba..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL, I don't care which pipe you buy. Theres going to be no more than 2 or so hp difference if jetted properly. Believe that. Unless you've dynoed each pipe on the same day, on the same dyno you don't know which pipe does what for you, other than the seat of your pants.

I'll tell ya what. I'll put my Alba pipe on my stock 01 Raptor (this way you'll at least be close enough to see my pipe) it has a pro design foam filter, I'll jet it right and we'll give it a go. Fair warning, this is one of those unusual stock Raptors, Monday bikes or whatever.

Anyway you look at it, the Alba pipe for the money is as good as any out there. You can say whatever you want. I guarantee you, your DMC isn't putting out anymore than a pony or 2 more or less than a complete Alba pipe.

Keep on knocking it, cause I won't respond. There's a lot of Alba owners out there that will disagree with you and rightly so. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

No bashing intended but every Alba owner I know said buying that pipe was the biggest mistake of there life. Your right about the peak hp thing there probably only 3 or 4 difference but Alba come on you might as well say your running a UGLY Cobra or DG.
Like I said you can have the fastest raptor in the world but its still just a Alba

Old 01-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I didn't say it was the prettiest. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Oops, I was suppose to be done. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Aren't the Alba and CT pipes the SAME pipe? I happen to like the Yoshimura![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I would rather port and polish the head and do other performance mods than be playing with exhaust systems!! JMO! XR

Old 01-28-2003, 11:13 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Yamaharacer
I would say CT, Trinity or Graydon.
my thoughts exactly. the ct is the best pipe i have ever seen run. iv'e never seen one get beat by any other pipe. it won the dyno test in dirtwheels out of thirteen pipes. including all you have seen on here besides the muzzy(and maybe one i missed) i haven't seen it run but it's basically the same pipe as the ct and the trinity is about three horsepower less than the ct. my buddy has a ct and it out pulls other pipes from bottom to top. run this with a pro-design adaptor kit with a k&n for sand and a uni for the dirt both with no lid. ask your local shop what to jet it for for your altitude.

Old 01-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Patsraptor has the "degree key" in it.

The Alba looks better than it used too. Wshrdkn is right most pipes are within a pony or 2 of each other. ONLY when you get more than 60hp do the pipes make much of a difference. You have to "dial in" to anyone you put on. Many times i have seen 3 yoshi raptors race and the results are amazing. The fastest to the slowest can be as much as 10 lenghts. It is rider and tuner in one.

Old 01-29-2003, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

The CT and the Graydon Proline are the same and I had the Graydon and the Alien has as much power as the Graydon but with a smoother delivery..
I felt no difference with the degree key
Mark if all pipe are the same WHY are you pushing the MRBP pipe so much saying its the BEST pipe YOU ever tried.. hahaha got you..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raptor Exhaust Yoshi, Alba, HMF GYT-R???