Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to buy a new ATV Raptor, Z-400, ect.. Just my experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 12:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to buy a new ATV Raptor, Z-400, ect.. Just my experience

Guy I don't know where you all are shopping but i live in Midwest and just bought my 02 Raptor brand new left over for $5500 out the door that was with tax, I found plenty of dealers selling 03 for $57-5800 out the door tax included, I also found Z-400 for $5100 out the door, you really have to shop arround though, play it cool, call lots of dealers not just the big ones that sell all the shinny stuff like fancy helmets, jerseys ect.. call the joe smoe dealer who is hurting from not selling a single snowmobile this year, tell him up front that you have cash, no trades, and most importantly that you are BUYING ONE TODAY!!! (you don't have to go get it you can just give tham a credit card deposit over the phone if you do buy, this really lights their fire, they spend much of their time wasted on punks who walk in and are never seen again so let them know you are not one one those tire kickers! Then tell him you are shopping all over your state, these dealers know there is always that one dealer in every area who is going to beat their price so be patient, they almost never give you the best deal the first time they talk to you, they usually have to talk to "their sales manager" which makes the sales manager look like the bad guy, so you don't end up disliking the actual salesman. Then tell them no and be quick about it. They will almost always call you back if they reallywant to sell. MSRP is for Suckers or people who bought the first year raptors because they were so hot you almost had to have money down and dealers got MSRP easily. But right now Z-400 are everywhere and the dealers really want to move them out soon same with the Raptors as the 2004's are coming in the spring. Also never let the dealer know you are set on his model tell them you are considering another brand that makes them work for youu abit more also. But be patient and mostly have cash! Money talks to a dealer or salesman who is hurting. Just my experience yours may be different.

Old 01-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you did some homework on this!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm sure somebody will be able to use this info!!!!!!! Laterz XR

Old 01-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

010101- That did not work for me last week. I walked into a dealership in Yuma AZ and told the guy that i wanted the Black raptor out front. His first offer was 7800, lol. I told him he did not understand. I was ready here is the money lets go. After dicking around 20 minutes the price was 7200. I told him 6500 as i was walking out the door. He came out and made it 6650 out the door. We were done 30 minutes later. I wish that i had time to shop around but needed the quad then and there. From the looks of things they do not really care if i bought one or not. Somebody else would pay them the 7800 in a week or 2. It only works when they have 20 new raptors sitting there.

Old 01-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

geeze 14, must be nice being able to kill a quad, and go buy another real quick.. I am hurting just to buy a new axle after I just bent mine last night... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]!

-nick

Old 01-29-2003, 05:37 PM
Range Rover

I did not make this point clear in my first post........Never i mean never go to the dealership to bargin...DO IT OVER THE PHONE... once they got you there you screwed.. they can smell it when you have to have one... and i am terrible at not acting like a giddy youngster when looking at a new quad with all its shinny parts just calling my name like a drunk 21 year old college girl they are hard to walk away from...... stay far away from the temptation it will save your $$$$$$ and your marriage!

Old 01-29-2003, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with 14, here in Oregon the best deal I have found is $6299. They go fast here, you don't see more than 1 or 2 at a dealer at a time. If you don't want to pay the price they don't care, because someone will very soon. Sand dunes are too close for any bargains here. Just depends on where you live what you pay.

Old 01-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

man i got my warrior for 5500 otd that sux[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Working at a dealership I think trying to make a deal over the phone is the wrong way. Come down and talk to the salesman, kf the dealership hires qualified people you should have a great experience...The most important thing would be to buy a product from a dealer that is honest and easy to deal with.
BRAAAAP

Old 01-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Last oct my buddy bought his '03 for $6300 OTD with 3 year warranty the sale price was $5800. The reason we went to this dealer was they had 1 leftover '02 for $5250 and we saw it pulling out of the lot when we got there.

Old 01-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Nick- That is part of being older....

Why did i not see you at FSW's

Quick Reply: How to buy a new ATV Raptor, Z-400, ect.. Just my experience