Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I saw a horrible snowmobile crash tonight!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I saw a horrible snowmobile crash tonight!!

Hey guys, I have a crazy story to tell! I was out tonight sledding at a hill by Veterans bridge. 2 friends and I saw 2 guys on the river about to cross under the bridge. I said " What the hell are they doing out there? I would laugh if they fell through". I shouldnt have said it. The 1st guys rear end fell through, and by the time he reached the other side, the hard ice catapulted him off his machine and he landed on his neck and slid about 100 feet on the ice. His snowmobile went about 150yards down river. I turned to my friend and yelled a few obsinities and then we all ran as fast as we could to his rescue. We all ran down to him, he was laying on his stomach gurgling and mumbling. His friend (who had made it across safley) got him turned on his back and was trying to wake him up. After about 10 minutes, the man was concious. He said he didnt know what happened and that he was cold (his gloves flew off during the crash). We all explained to him what happened and the extent of the crash. The man was able to move all his limbs and felt he was ready to leave. After our best wishes, he put his gear back on and left with his friend. I was just glad that he didnt break any bones or get seriously injured.

It was just very ironic to me that a matter of seconds after I said what I said, the man was doing a superman through the air....

-nick

Old 01-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

glad hes ok[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

dude your a hero. all heil nick (bow down)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2003, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

So the part of the river he was crossing was not frozen right? Wow.........he is lucky to be alive.

Old 01-30-2003, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Yes he is very lucky to be alive. Wish him the best not to do that same mistake.