Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have you ever caught anything on fire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever caught anything on fire?

We were clearing brush one time, had a big fire burning. I had a red club cab ford pick-up 75 feet away. After a few hours i went to the truck. The paint had gotten so hot it faded, the door was open and the vinyl semi-melted.

I had a huge articulted loader rented. It was almost new. The rental company was so proud of it, barley a scratch, well i managed to lay it on its side and took a light pod off of it. I made it look cosmetically good and they did not notice it. My buddy rented it next and he was bitching at his operator for knocking the lights pod off (750 dollars) All the while his operator was saying " I just barely hit that tree" lol While i am off on a tangent here we had just a regular loader rented once. I was hauling dirt for the football field near by that they were buiding. Got done and told the rent company to come get it. I left it at the road. After 2 days of sitting there i called the rent company and told them somebody would steal it just sitting by the road. So they told me they were busy and to hid it. They would get it in a few days. About 1 week later i called them and told them no hurry. It was 3 feet under water. It had 3 hours on it when they brought it out. Good thing for insurance. lol

Old 02-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Pouring gas down the carb of a 79 pickup to start it (out of carb and choke), and it has a habit of spitting fire out the carb and it did it while there was gas in it and blew a big fireball up in the air and caught the top of the engine on fire. Took a lil while of smothering it with shop rags to put it out.

Old 02-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

There was an instance about 2 weeks ago where some gas was poured on a fire. About 30 underage drunk kids were standing around a bonfire at a party, when some dumba$$ threw a 5 gallon can of gas into the fire as a joke. Well, 15 of them went to the hospital and 2 were air evac to ST. Louis. The boy that threw the gas is in jail facing asualt and other charges. One count for each person in attendance.

What does it feel like to know that you just burned down hundreds of acres? LOL

Old 02-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Range Rover

holy shiot!!!!!!!!! LAUGHIN MY **** OFF!!!!!!!!! anywho~ i can only contribute two. i had a fourwheeler that was out of gas and sitting in 11 inches of snow. and of course, the plastic gas can leaked like you were squeezing it. i *had* a friend standing there who joked about liting the gas on fire that was in the snow. the other two of us said "right". and sure enough, up in flames goes the snow, carb and the whole top of the atv that was soaked. The second good fire i had was when my brother thought it would be ok to get rid of the kudzu off the fence that is about 1/4 mile long. the woods behind our house (10 acres) went up in flames and the ole' fire dept. had to foam 6 trees just to get them out. ------------ and never got a bill.
bean

Old 02-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Just my hair...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, and my army men when I was about 10 years old. I would pretend they were getting napalmed, splash a little gas on them and a match and watch them melt. Got a pretty good whiping for that one, must have been good, I remember it 22 some odd years later.

Bat

Old 02-05-2003, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

i was 10 years old and i just got a kx80..well i left the gas on overnight and it fluded ...so me and my friend pulled the spark plug and kicked the bike over to get the gas out of the jug..not a good idea..the spark plug wire was on the top of the jug and that was it..FIRE......i ran out of the shed to get water..before it was to late ...my mom ran out to stop me from going back in ....then BOOM..the rest of the gas in the tank blew..that bike was really cool...only rode it twice..never got a chance to crash it.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Back when i lived in Ohio we used to always catch cray fish, and salamanders in the creek. We cleared out a bunch of sticks and trees that we had cut down and lit them on fire with gas. My friend was in charge of the 5 gallon gas can that we used, and since the fire "was out" he made a gas circle around the fire pit just for ***** and giggles. When he was half way done with the circle lit on fire because the fire wasnt quite out yet, so it was kinda funny to see the flame go around the circle and jump onto the nozzle. This is the wierd part, just to nozzle caught on fire (guess wasnt any oxygen inside tank to ignite fuel) and he ran over to the creek with it and stuck the nozzle in to "put it out" well he ended up getting the nozzle to the water but ended up dumping gas into the creek before he put out the can, so the water caught on fire, friend dropped the can and ran like hell. The 4 gallons of fuel that were left in the can ended up dumping into the creek setting about 50 yards of the creek on fire. That was a beautiful site.

Old 02-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Right by my front lawn is a creek. In this creek there was a log that had become stuck against the bottom. Me being the smart guy that i was(am?), I thought i'd put 5 gallons of gas on this log and simply let it burn for a while. Well i figured, this log is surrounded by water so nothing is going to catch on fire. After putting the gas on it, I lit the sucker up. Well, it seems that the gas had floated on the surface of the water and it left a wall of fire about a 50 yards long. The dry grass surrounding the creek instantly went up in flames and 4 fire trucks had to rush to the scene. Lucky for me, the neighbor was burning brush and I just told the fire fighter's the man's brush fire had gotten out of control. all in all, I only took out about 5 acres.

JaMeS

Old 02-05-2003, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

YOU GUYS ARE TOO MUCH LMFAO!

anyone in here a firefighter or past firefighter besides Moose [current] and me [past]?
you wanna hear some fire stories, ask a firefighter!

very good tho i laughed like crazy!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Have you ever caught anything on fire?