Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New Videos and Files forum coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003 | 02:57 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default New Videos and Files forum coming soon

Today I hit on the idea of providing a new forum category for posting messages with ATV videos attached or other file attachments. The new forum category will be added next week (unless I get some programming time before then) and I'll be adding it under the Supporting Members section as another bonus for people who purchased our ATV logo cap and stickers.

Non-supporting members won't be able to view or post in this new forum category.

Old 02-07-2003 | 03:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Great idea

Old 02-07-2003 | 03:36 AM
|
Pro Rider

Yep. The hat is worth the cost alone. Everything else is just a bonus.

Old 02-07-2003 | 08:02 AM
Pro Rider

Dbeck, will we be able to upload the videos to atvconnection, or just link them as normal?

-nick

Old 02-07-2003 | 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

Nice, spend time posting, and telling people about this cool site that you can post on and see cool pics and vids of our love ATV's, and now you have to pay to do it... Hmmmm YEA thats COOL

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2003 | 12:30 PM
|
Pro Rider

87Bansh - yes, the videos will be uploaded and stored on our server for viewing.

TheRaptorMan - The supporting-member only forum categories are our way of thanking those people who support us through their purchase of a logo cap and stickers. I'm sorry you don't like our site and don't want to wear one of our caps so that other forum members can meet you when you're at events. We do the best we can with the limited budget we have. The revenues raised from the cap sales are going to buy a faster server for the forums so that people like yourself can enjoy fast loading pages when they come here. Perhaps you should consider thanking those members who bought caps and who do have access to the special forums?

Old 02-07-2003 | 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor man--we don't know how spoiled we are by dbeck! Check out dirtrider.net once (MC site). They used to be totally free, but now in order to even so much as use the search function, you have to be a supporting member ($12 a year, I think). We get tons of bennies on this site by comparison. I have a feeling that as the internet changes, a LOT of services, e-magazines, etc., (not just forums) will be costing us.

We get a lot of bang for our buck on this site! (IMO)

Old 02-07-2003 | 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

dbeck... hold on now don't put words into my mouth... "sorry you don't like our forum" I read back over my post and still don't see where I typed that.

I enjoy posting on this forum and have brought it to the attention of several other riders and friends in this area (all the way out in WV). It looks like you would want new memebers? right.

I try to come on as often as possible and check out what is going on and look at new videos (if any are posted), and it seems to me that the supporting members are a little outnumbered, and also the ones that use the site more often.

I actually considered becoming a supporting member... posted an ATV forsale (which is a no no I guess)... this was something that I had seen done many times before, but mine was promptly removed. Guess maybe I am still a little bitter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have been considering doing the member thing again, because if I can say so MYSELF I do enjoy this site very much.

But if I would do the members thing then I still don't think that non paying members should have to pay to view videos that are posted. Especially since some of the non supporting people may have some good vidieos that others may wish to view as well.

Old 02-07-2003 | 01:10 PM
|
Pro Rider

TheRaptorMan,

I'm sorry, maybe I read too much into your first post.

The supporting members forums will only be viewable by the supporting members. If it was viewable by everyone then it wouldn't be anything special for those people. Thats the whole point--to give them something special!

Old 02-07-2003 | 01:11 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: TheRaptorMan
I actually considered becoming a supporting member... posted an ATV forsale (which is a no no I guess)... this was something that I had seen done many times before, but mine was promptly removed. Guess maybe I am still a little bitter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
TheRaptorMan,

We try and remove these as quickly as we can. Sometimes we catch the
error quicker than others. Believe me we were not picking on you.

I go by the forum rules on the FAQ page.

Chet

Quick Reply: New Videos and Files forum coming soon