Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what is the best pipe for banshee ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the best pipe for banshee ?

cOoldevil,
I knew a kid who had a very trick banshee with a boost bottle, unless you have the time and the money for new top ends I would stay away from boost bottles, they wear your pistons a LOT faster than normal gas/oil mixture.

Old 02-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

I did not catch the thing about the boost bottle, but they do not do much for the quad. Dont waste your money. I dont see how they could wear the piston faster, that is news to me, but they are junk.

I have talked to many people that have the cpi, even on non ported banshee's and they all rave about them. From what I hear they have about the same bottom end as the toomey or others, but rev out about 1000 rpm higher.

Thats my 2 cents
Bat

Old 02-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Can you help me!! I just cant get my banshee started...have checked fuel lines..spark...it just wont fire..any tips!!

Old 02-08-2003, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

So, I take it you are saying it is getting fuel and spark? If so, you are only missing one more thing, compression, check the compression. A banshee with low compression will be hard to start.

It could be any number of things, so you need to go through a process of elimination. It would also help if you listed any modifications you have made to the machine and any things you have done recently.

Later
Bat

Old 02-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

AgressiveRider....thats one of the funniest posts ive ever seen. (no offense) Do you know what a boost bottle is? Its not nitrous or anything. Its just a hollow bottle that sits on the intake boots. It has nothing to do with the jetting or fuel.

Old 02-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just to let you guys know, from those that DO know. tooomeys and CPI's are priced about the same. So actually you are wasting your money if you buy anything BUT CPI's. They work just as well on a non-ported banshee as Toomeys do(and the same price), but even better on a ported/worked bike. Get the CPI's they are all the pipe you will ever need.

And whoever said that FMFs are good pies, is right!. I had FMF's on my banshee before the CPI's and beat many a Toomied banshee. FMF are nice and abotu $150 or more cheaper.

RoostKing...

Old 02-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Trinity T-5 cause i said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

maybe it is a little blue boost bottle????

Old 02-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, roost I know you are a fan of cpi, and I am about to buy some I think.

What do you think compared to the fmfs? Do they blow them away?

I kind of wish I had just bought them before, but oh well. I am kind of wondering what the T6 pipe will be like, I here they are finally going to release them by the end of the month. But I have heard that before.

I also plan future mods, as you know, and I want a pipe that will work well with the future stuff. If I do get the cpi, I want to do some kind of head to head comparison of the two. I hear all the hype, but it is hard to believe it all.

thanks
Bat

Old 02-09-2003, 04:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A boost bottle does actually do something, maybe the less qualified riders cant feel the differences but they are there. On countless dyno runs with the bottle and without, the graph shows a more stable dyno graph with the bottle.

As far as pipes go, CPI's or GRR pipes are the best without a doubt. What do you mean you dont like the look of the CPI's but you want the most HP...sounds like something a little kid would say. If you want the horsepower you NEED to run the right equipment.

Quick Reply: what is the best pipe for banshee ?