Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what is the best pipe for banshee ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 06:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the best pipe for banshee ?

Bat,
I cant compare the pipes. I got the CPI's when I first got my motor ported. But, After seeing what many bikes out here were running(and remember, these guys run 12 months outta the year, they have done some testing) Also, if you compare the sizes of the expansion chambers of CPI's vs. Toomey/FMF/ whatever's expansion chambers,. it will become clear. Just look at your pipes in you garage right now, and seriously DOUBLE the size of the expansion chambers, that is the size of the CPI. To me, that looks like power!

As far as Toomey T 6's, dont know when they are getting produced. Seems sketchy for now...

RoostKing

Old 02-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

Here's a couple links to dyno charts for what they're worth:

Several charts comparing to stock

Aftermarket pipes compared

Sorry, no CPI pipes in either but check out the LRD - looks about the best for top end in both graphs.

Old 02-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

It is weird how nobody dynos the cpi pipes. I guess they are not a big enough company to get the recognition. They are very well recognized on the web by all the builders. I have talked via email to several builders around the country and one thing most all have in common is they reccommend the cpi pipes for top hp. The ones that dont usually make their own pipe.

I ordered a set of cpi, I am going to try and do some kind of comparison. I dont have a dyno, so I am not sure what I am going to do yet. I will have the T5's that are on my bike and the cpi inframe pipes to compare. How should I compare them to get a good comparison of the two??

I will tell it how it is, and which ever pipe does worse, will be up for sale. I might lose a few bucks, but I want to see for myself.

Later
Bat

Old 02-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

toomey,toomey,toomey,toomey. 'nuf said.

JP

Old 02-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Bat, the only thing I can think of is some sort of timed run to compare the 2 pipes. Maybe you can get your wife to run a stopwatch while you race from stoplight to stoplight on your street - I know that's OK to do in Rock Springs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Wyo, I have a street behind the house that is not used much. I am thinking some timed runs one saturday morning to see what it does with the toomey then switch the pipes and do it again.

Oh well, I wish I had a dyno. If only money really did grow on trees, I would still be broke and the trees would all be bare...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img].......lol

Well, the pipes are on their way and I will do some testing when they get here. Unfortunately there is no real way to get a good comparison.

Bat

Old 02-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

nitrotmann is on crack
cpi all the way

Old 02-12-2003, 04:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bat,
First off. you might as well plan on keeping the cpi's you arent going to lose hp, and they look just as good(chrome plating finish) so you might as well as put the Toomeys up fo sale.

Second...You and i know why they dont compare CPI's in shootouts, it would not look good for the other pipes!

Get ready to trim your fenders!!!

RoostKing...

Old 02-12-2003, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

roost, I do plan on keeping the cpis. I have some major mods planned and I am sure they will complement those very well. I got my crank yesterday, and have been talking with some builders about other options for the top end.

Should be fun when all done.

Late
Bat