Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

If you could open an ATV shop,What would be diffrent about yours!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you could open an ATV shop,What would be diffrent about yours!!

Honest service and good prices , I am there when are you going to open ?????

Old 02-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Honest and Reliable !!!!

Stay technically on top as far as knowledge.

Know the competition and what the current market value of parts are so customers know they are getting at least an equal deal at my shop.

Be thoughtfull, listen, and willing to provide answer but refrain from pushing my feelings on potential customers.

Put aside my preference and know the current trend and stay stocked on those parts so my customers would not have to wait.

Old 02-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

these simple things i wished all the shops would do,i maybe have been to 10 to 15 diffrent shops and not even half have fell thru on certian things that all shops should have a basic guidelines for good service,and it does bumbme out when they dont have the dang part and have to order it...

and they think you are an idiot and tell you what you want to hear...

and charge you for re stocking fee ....

Old 02-12-2003, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

When I was shopping for tires , the big shop here in town did'nt have any major brands in stock , and I asked since I have to wait for them to be shipped would they match a price . They said no they don't match internet prices , and if I wanted them to order me wheels and tires I would have to pay for half the shipping . Go figure

How come all the good shops on-line are located in places that no-one rides and half the time they are located in BFE

Old 02-12-2003, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

well they recentley opened a shop i had went to and talked to the guy,heck of a salesman ,and at a atv shop that's all he was,when it came down to him working on my bike i trusted him,you know it's your baby and you just want an honest opinion. well he swared up and down that he knew what h was doing and take a lucky guess at what happen.bike ran good at first and then all hell broke loose ,problem after problem kept happening,then i talked to someone on the forum who offered to help me,well it turned out the wrong parts were in my bike to start with and they almost screwed my bike up,but it just goes to show you cant even trust a atv shop to do the work right,what's up with that...had alot of nice stuff but i will never go back again i would probabley beat him up for acting like a mechanic but really he was trying to make a quick buck..

Old 02-12-2003, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

After you open this shop and make millions of dollars a year, make your own quad from the ground up. Custom make the frame and plastic a think of a wicked motor to put in it. Chrome out every little detail on the bike. Dont let dirtwheels put it in thier mag just to be mean and let people ride it if they sign a 200 page liability waiver. On your track behind your shop, make this finish line a huge double that jumped over your shop. I think I'm getting carried away.

Old 02-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

No No i likes,but the first thing is hooking up my bike..then i think about the double over my shop,

what name would you name your shop?

I like "everything offroad" but then you would have to cover everything off road..

raptor unlimited..

"sand4life"

pros of the offroad..

Dirt and Dunes..

Old 02-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

My shop would bring high performance to the masses by not rapin people on the prices. I would sell stuff at only around 10% markup, but work in bulk. Would try my hardest to put all the other places out of business and get a monopoly (some might call it illegal, but id just be copying walmart [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ), kinda like computer companies. A hard drive is only 200 bucks, but because of its complexity, if it was a four wheeler part, it would be 2000 dollars.

Old 02-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

all you have to do is actually have inventory in stock. everything else will fall into place.

Old 02-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

i WOULD VISIT A SHOP MORE OFTEN IF I KNEW THAT THEY HAD WHAT I NEEDED IN STOCK,AND DIDENT HAVE TO ORDER IT..

Quick Reply: If you could open an ATV shop,What would be diffrent about yours!!