Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003 | 09:46 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Banshee Mods

I have just got a 2003 Limited Edition Banshee. I want to do some things to it but I am not sure what all to do. My first mod is going to be Toomey T-5s, Jet Kit, Clamp On K&N Airfilters. What else should I do? I am looking for performance upgrades but do not want to tear into the motor internally yet.

-Dave-

Old 02-16-2003 | 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Mods

Congrats on the purchase, I love mine.

I have the mods you are talking about and love it. I also did the pro design cool head and water pump impeller.

I run 18cc domes in my head, but I am at 6000 ft. Depending on your elevation, uping the compression can be a great mod.

My banshee runs very well. From there you can do reeds, vforce seem to get the best reviews, and you could do the dyna ignition, some really like them.

Then of course you can get as crazy as you want to with internal mods.

Bat

Old 02-16-2003 | 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Mods

Dont forget new tires!and if you get the money suspension

Old 02-17-2003 | 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Mods

You can modify a banshee? J/K

Bat, I just purchased a set of CPI pipes off of E-bay. I will let you know what I think of them personally verses my T-3's.

Modifying your reed cages is a great power boost. Don't go with the clamp-ons. Go to www.Pro-flo.com and buy there intake. It is absolutely awesome! Tell them you want the 4" filter instead of the 5". They had only offered the 5" until I called them and told them it was hitting the under side of my seat and I bought the 4" from a local dealer and took care of it. The dyna is great also.

Man, you guys with your LE's make me want one so badly. I love mine and don't want to part with it and I can't afford a forth banshee.

Old 02-17-2003 | 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Mods

alky, why would you say not to get the clamp ons. I have them, and I think they are great. Added a nice bit of power, but also makes it so easy to rejet and work on the carbs.

Funny thing, I should have my set of cpi's here in a day or two. I will let you know my opinions also.

Later
Bat

Old 02-17-2003 | 05:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Banshee Mods

For a stock bore banshee id stick with the stock ignition. Stock is fine. If you get into bigger bore motors then think about an aftermarket system.

Old 02-17-2003 | 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Mods

Bat, I promise you the pro-flo (like toomey's 2n1, from Pro-flo.com not Pro-designs plate system) makes more bottom and mid that the clamp-ons will. Waiting to hear what you think. Are you running V-force reeds yet? I am running milled stock cages and am looking at taking a set of v-force when I go to the dyno. We should have some numbers in a couple of weeks.

DaBeechMan, have you ever looked at the stock timing curve on a banshee? It sucks. Any bike will notice a huge difference with the dyna. My playbike with stock ports, only .030 over, stock domes, stock carbs, pump gas will now pull sixth gear wheelies with me 310 lbs on it. Without the dyna, it struggles in 5th.

Old 02-17-2003 | 05:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Banshee Mods

I dont agree alk, just because your bike wheelies in 6th (which you shouldnt anyways) is no indication of performance gains. Could just be that the sand is wetter that day. The stock ignition is fine. The fastest banshee in the country runs a stock ignition, as well as the second fastest. Again ill say, the stock ignition is fine

Old 02-17-2003 | 06:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Banshee Mods

fastest 350 banshee in the country* sorry

Old 02-17-2003 | 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Mods

alky, I thought you were talking about the plate system. I can understand how toomey's system and I guess the pro flow if it is similar can make more bottom end. It has a longer intake tract, which probably increases velocity and helps straighten out the flow.

I like the carb mounts, but would not mind trying one of the other onesout.

I just brought home my new banshee also. Finally got rid of that raptor. Now I am a two banshee household. Got a decent deal on it and I am happy. Great thing is I already have a set of pipes.

Later
Bat

Quick Reply: Banshee Mods