Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Chevy or Ford??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy or Ford??????

03 CREW DURAMAX GMC DUELLY 4" DOWNPIPE WITH 6" EXHAUST EDGE JUICE STAGE 4 CHIP K&N FILTER= 468HP ON THE REAR WHEELS COMMON FORD 6.0 LETS PULL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Range Rover

Side Oiler

I hate Geocities.. you'll have to copy/paste the properties on the SOHC link. Can anyone fix it?

Here's the bad boy

Old 02-22-2003, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

If you want a 2WD, either one is good. If you want a 4x4, get a Ford. More choices for traction difs both front and rear. A Ford will fit bigger tires with less lift then a Chev by a long shot! I own an 89 F-250 4x4 with 135,000 miles on it. I put 36" Buckshots on it with no lift. I have a 10' camper I haul with it, and it has seen alot of hard 4 wheeling. The only thing I ever had go wrong with it was when the coil went out at 110,000 miles.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:02 PM
Range Rover

Ford
98 Ranger

Old 02-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I own both. My nod goes to the Chevy for comfort, and the Ford for workhorse.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

ford all the way, my 300 6 has been the mopst reliable engine ive ever had

Old 02-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

My dad put one of those 300 I-6s in his truck when the 360 got a crack in the block, the little motor did better than his big block 360. Didn't have as much power but it got better mileage and pulled stuff fine. Now he has a 302 in there. the 1976 truck has a total of around 380k miles on it, but its still holdin up, never been restored. Just gets a new engine or a rebuild every time it goes through some rings. (most of the engines that go in have aroudn 80k on em already, the truck is just to pull the boat and haul trailers)

Old 02-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

I'm a Chevy guy. I got a 84' Chevy w/ a 350 w/ about 45K on the motor for $3100. It's got Centerline wheels, some wide *** tires (can't remember what size), CD player, perfect interior, flow master, tips, and is in really good condition, so I think I got a pretty good deal on it. I have had to replace the water pump, and one of the rotors, but it has held up very good. Starts right up w/o any hesitation except for in the mornings because it's very cold natured.

To be honest though, I kind of wish I still had my little ricer. It got over 36 miles to the gallon and never had ONE problem except for a oil leak after 110K miles. Ofcourse, anything with a wimpy motor like that would be bullet proof. All you honda guys know what I'm saying right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] sorry, couldn't resist.

Some of you guys sound like you know what your talking about, so I wanna ask you all something. After I drive my truck for about 3-4 hours w/o stopping, it will start to run really crappy at higher RPM's, like it's not getting any gas or something. It's kind of like it's not getting any spark when I gets up into the RPM's a little. Do you think it might be my carb, or do you think I might have bad plugs and/or wires? I would check it out, but I'm trying to avoid the outdoors as much as possible right now because I have strepped throat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. I also don't know a whole lot about cars and trucks.

Old 02-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!! !!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHE VY!!!!!!!!!!!!! !CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!! !!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!! !!!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!! CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!! !!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHEVY!!!!! !!!!!!!!
got the idea yet?

Old 02-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Range Rover

Yeah chevy sux!!!!

Quick Reply: Chevy or Ford??????