Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Chevy or Ford??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy or Ford??????

monster trucks are cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol ok well lets have everyone go to the polls and vote.. i made a poll for chevy ford and dont care i want everyone to vote

Old 02-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Chevy all the way!!!! Also my dad owns a 1983 Chevy El Camino with over 550 Horsepower from a 350 small-block.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It will scare you!!!!

Old 02-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SilverBear
Ahh..poor dumb A$$ has his nose rubbed in it, and has to resort to personal attacks.

Eat It, poser.
I didnt eat nothing!!! Sorry for calling you a dip sh-t, it was way late and I am really sick so I was in a bad mood anyways. The part that did make me mad was though that I had already had this arguement earlier in the thread. I was corrected in my statment about the automatic now being available and I admitted it for all to see that I was wrong. hmm maybe if you had read it you would have seen that, you would have also seen why I stated stock!!!! You can mod anything to death but to be an honest comparo you have to look at stock and Ford wins hands down, DONT EVEN TRY TO SAY THE DODGE PUTS OUT MORE STOCK BECASUE IT DOESNT PERIOD!! Ohh and maybe you should know that I am a very big fan of Cummins, my dad has owned one for years(Sold it and buying a new 6.0 power Stroke crew cab from me next week) and one of my hunting buddies is a big shot with Cummins themselves. I know the potential of the Cummins but it is very fair to say that the 6.0 is so new it will take a while before you start to see people modding it. You say you got 350 hp....whooo hooo The ford only needs 25 more HP and its already there. But like I said in PAST posts I wont go there because that is a neverending battle.

Now for the other questions. I have never heard of a 5.9?? Not in Ford anyways. The 6.0 is the new Power Stroke that replaced the 7.3 in Fords Super Duty line of trucks. Not light duty by any means.

Blaster....What the heck is a 6.7 Deisel? Never seen one of those either. I know there is a Cat engine that you can get in the F650 and F750 but as far as I have seen the only 2 motors in the Ford F350 is the 6.0 and 7.3 . You guys are all right though in one aspect, NASCAR does suck and i would ten times rather go watch Monsters tear it up than watch a car go roundy round. Too bad it got a redneck appeal or we could see it more often. Bigfoot has and always will be the KING of the monsters. Bob Chandler is trully an Icon in the automotive industry. I remember the good ol days of Bigfoot VS. USA-1.

Old 02-27-2003, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I drive a 1999 GMC with a 6" suspension lift and 35"s. I'm a chevy/gmc man.

Old 02-27-2003, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Demon....Cummins 5.9. You're right, this could go on forever[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you check that link up there, you'll find there's mods for the 6.0.

Old 02-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

FORD 350 V10 CREW CAB SHORT BED
lifted, rims, billit, monster basss, need i say moreeeeeeeeeee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: DemonDS

I didnt eat nothing!!! Sorry for calling you a dip sh-t, it was way late and I am really sick so I was in a bad mood anyways. The part that did make me mad was though that I had already had this arguement earlier in the thread. I was corrected in my statment about the automatic now being available and I admitted it for all to see that I was wrong. hmm maybe if you had read it you would have seen that, you would have also seen why I stated stock!!!! You can mod anything to death but to be an honest comparo you have to look at stock and Ford wins hands down, DONT EVEN TRY TO SAY THE DODGE PUTS OUT MORE STOCK BECASUE IT DOESNT PERIOD!! Ohh and maybe you should know that I am a very big fan of Cummins, my dad has owned one for years(Sold it and buying a new 6.0 power Stroke crew cab from me next week) and one of my hunting buddies is a big shot with Cummins themselves. I know the potential of the Cummins but it is very fair to say that the 6.0 is so new it will take a while before you start to see people modding it. You say you got 350 hp....whooo hooo The ford only needs 25 more HP and its already there. But like I said in PAST posts I wont go there because that is a neverending battle.
DemonDS~

My orginal post was in fun. It's patendly obvious my truck isn't stock, that's all. It's when you questioned my IQ & made the personal attack is when I got pi$$ed off. Yes, my cummins is only at 350hp...and that's stage one. I've seen the dyno charts on stage 2, and it's 394 horse & just under 1000 torque. It will be stage 2 in another month.

The biggest difference to me between the powerstroke & cummins is that the cummins has more potential and will outpull the powerstroke. It's physics. Ask any mechanic the difference between long & short strokes. Likewise, the powerstroke will rev faster then the cummins.

Anyways...no hard feelings.

SilverBear

Old 02-28-2003, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Thought I'd chime in again. On the Ford Forum there's a poll concerning the new 6.0. Now keep in mind, these are guys that actually own these things. Here's the results:
on their poll 61% - no problems, 32% - prob's, and 7% wish they never bought the thing.

Man, 1 out of 3 with problems..///[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Check this

Old 02-28-2003, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

I read some of the ford forums, and they new engine has been having a few issues. I bought a 2003 7.3, becuase I did not want to be the guniea pig on the new setup. My truck is very good for what I bought it for. I looked hard at the dodge, but I needed the full crew cab.

With one child and another on the way, and a small dog, wife, and myself the cab of the dodge just did not cut the mustard. I do like the cummins engine, and if dodge would ever build a full size crew cab I would be all over it.

On that subject, does anyone know the reason they dont? I have heard some of the stupid rumors, but I wonder what the cold hard facts on the subject are. I had a 84 dodge 1/2 ton with the 318, and while it had no power, smog crap really cut into the power department, it was a very dependable truck. I actually had it airborne while it was still my dads, and it took it very well. It was a solid truck, but would not perform very well.

One other thing, the great thing about this country is we have the freedom to choose. Everyone will think their truck is the best, and that is great. We also have the freedom of speech, but please use it for something better then bashing someone else because of the truck, or quad they chose.

Thats my 2 cents.

Bat

Old 02-28-2003, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

SilverBear, it's all cool. I have a hellashis temper that I control 90% of the time but when i get sick it just flies out. anyways, I took a good hard look at your rig and I will give you all the credit man, that is one cool rig. the suspension is all trick man.

I went down this evening to go take the look at the truck that i am dealer trading for for my dad and it turned out it had been modded. It was a crew cab long bed F350 of course in the 6.0 PS. Turns out they had a company come in and wanted to show their products off and they installed a new 4" exaust that goes from the manifold back and a new 60 HP chip. They claim between the two that you should see a 90 hp gain and guessing at a 150 lbs gain. that makes it 415 HP and 710 lbs. Let me tell you, when I got on that thing it went fricken crazy. I seriously would race a Mustang GT in that truck. I thought it really ironic that i had typed that last reply and then an hour later i get the call about the mods being on the truck LOL. The amazing thing was it was still very quiet. Unfortunatly it put the truck out of my parents payment range so I had to go back to the dealership and find another truck for them. I just wish they would have been smart and dyno'd the thing before and after.

There have been some things going wrong with the 6.0 but so far they havent been that major. Mostly fuel injector problems. My mechanics have said the biggest problem with the 6.0 is the owners not being trained right on how to operate the truck. our dealership now requires all sales reps at delivery to explain that you should let the truck run for atleast 5 minutes before running it if it hasnt been started in more than 12 hours or has sat in 0 deg weather for more than an hour. Aparently the Turbo is operated by temperatures so it is not operating at full potential when cold and thus affects the injectors somehow. I think it is flooding or something. I dont really know so please dont quote me on this. All I know for sure is they and Ford claim if you give it the proper warm up time it will operate trouble free.

Quick Reply: Chevy or Ford??????