Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Chevy or Ford??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy or Ford??????

Oldsmobile is GM same with Chevy, their cars are the same in every way cept maybe a little body design change. Besides why would you say Olds for hotrod when Chevy makes Corvette and Camero??

Old 02-20-2003, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

It's CamAro not Camero jeeze...But I would have to go with CHEVY "LIKE A ROCK"!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBubba
Oldsmobile is GM same with Chevy, their cars are the same in every way cept maybe a little body design change. Besides why would you say Olds for hotrod when Chevy makes Corvette and Camero??
Sooo you never worked on a olds then have you............go out and try putting a chevy tranny to a buick, olds, pontiac.

No there not the same engines are different body's are different, wait a minute their DIFFERENT. You ever rode in a kick *** 442. Come on TORQUE........................

Old 02-20-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

I own them both and love them both. If you take of it, it will take of you.

But my race car is a 1967 Chevy II Nova, awsome Chevy!!!!

Old 02-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

Chevy all the way!

Old 02-20-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

I like fords better.

I dont like chevy trucks interior or fit and finish. Is the Cd player or tape deck still not part of the radio??

Old 02-20-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Your wrong about Olds they are exatacly the same. You can bolt in and GM engine and tranny just fine in their cars. Maybe your thinking of the older ones before they were owned by GM althought they have been owned for a looooong time. 454 is torque by the way.

Old 02-20-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

I have owned both...but...I currently have 2 FORDS. That's my story and if you want me to lie, you gotta pay me!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

So, chad, what your saying is that...

It is much more difficult to build a fast ford? (because any idiot can make a chevy fast... right?)

Me? personally? I like a quality vehicle... one that will last a long time.
GM... The quality is horrible... and anyone who disputes that is in denial.
Sure, a SB 350 will live a good long life. Its the REST of the vehicle... the fit and finish, the
quality of the materials. really, really bad. Duramax hasnt proven reliable... Allison trannys are exploding when stressed.

Ford? ehh, better. Getting better as time goes on. Focus is a good little car,
Ford trucks are not too shabby. Powerstroke is an awsome motor.

Chrysler... dont really know, Ive heard some really good things about dodge trucks being very well made and dependable.
Ive also heard horror stories. Cummins, a GREAT motor. I would NEVER buy a Chrysler Concord, or Dodge Intrepid though, for example.
My dads Dodge ram 3500 conversion van has 30-40K miles of cross country travel and has been absolutely flawless.

My 1991 Toyota 4X4 has 217K miles on it... but, typical of the Toyota V6, I did have to overhaul the motor at 166K miles. They had a sludge buildup problem. Everything else is ORIGINAL. And it STILL gets me to Glamis and back all the time. (3 hours each way)
This truck has been bullitproof. Its been Jumped, mudwamped, you name it.. its done it.
Toyota quality inside and out of these older trucks is absolutely bulletproof. (oope I had to replace the starter @ about 200K)

Thats my story and im stickin to it.

-Matt

Old 02-20-2003, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Your opinion sucks PERIOD but it's your opinion and your intitled to it, have fun with your Ford when it falls apart and has to get towed in by a Chevy thats older than it but still runs and works perfact. I see wayyy more old Chevys than fords, they hold together fine. I don't wanna argue so I wont answer your (most likly) lame reply.

Quick Reply: Chevy or Ford??????