Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Some Blaster Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Blaster Questions

1. How hard is it to remove the oil injector. What all do I have to do?

2. Any specific suggestions on paddle tires? Are the stock tires any good for track/trail riding, or should I buy something new?

3. Are those little extenders that go between your axle and your tire BS or are they actually reliable, with jumping and all. I won't have cash for new extended a-arms for a while.

4. I got a tiny tear in my seat from, I don't know what, ripping through the bushes proly, any tricks on how I can prevent it from getting worse?

Thanks fellas...This is an awesome forum!

Old 02-21-2003, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

ducktape
DUCKTAPE
ducktape

it fixes everything
even seats

Old 02-21-2003, 11:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was kinda hoping for something with a tad more class, but if I have to, I will use the duct tape.

Old 02-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

nico
1 - you might want to keep the oil injector on less hasle and you have more gass athough i guess it could stop working wich wouldn't be good
2 - new tires for sure the balloon one sucks i'm using the radials that are on the raptor and z400 and they seem to work pretty good everywhere but anything but stock would be good.
3 - i have some axle extentions and i flipped my front tires (i now have offset rims so i don't use the extentions) i did a bit of jumping and they held up if your doing mx i woulndn't suggest it tho
4 - talk to your dealer if your still on warrenty maby they can warrenty it for a new seat cover or you can buy a new one, im not sure about fixing it
well i hope that helps a bit lata
-cory

Old 02-21-2003, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: ToomeyBlasterRyder
nico
2 - new tires for sure the balloon one sucks i'm using the radials that are on the raptor and z400 and they seem to work pretty good everywhere but anything but stock would be good.

4 - talk to your dealer if your still on warrenty maby they can warrenty it for a new seat cover or you can buy a new one, im not sure about fixing it
well i hope that helps a bit lata
-cory
How about paddles? Any brand/type everyone agrees on?

Also, who sells seat covers that match the '03 Blaster Red/Black grafic scheme?

Thanks again.

Old 02-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Range Rover

hey Nico try this,

Get a little squeeze tube of superglue. [Like the liquid kind, if there is any other kind, lol] And if the tear is just like a rip, and not a puncture, then just line the flap of loose material back up with the tear and squeeze out some superglue and take like a popcicle stick or sumthing and just kind of apply a THIN coat along the rip. The glue will seep into the tear too and bond it. After it dries [a matter of minutes] just take some fine grit and paper and buff it down a little bit to take away the shine of the glue. It dries clear and ends up looking alright, without the cost of a new seat cover. I did this to a friends YZ125 and it turned out fine. And besides, if you're sitting on the quad, who is gonna notice? lol

Old 02-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

1. How hard is it to remove the oil injector. What all do I have to do?

vitos block off kit or trenga racing
not too hard
if the injector were to stop working... bye bye blaster

2. Any specific suggestions on paddle tires? Are the stock tires any good for track/trail riding, or should I

buy something new?
Toss the stock tires
maxxis razer's or itp holeshots
don't kno much about paddle tires don't ride in the sand in NJ

3. Are those little extenders that go between your axle and your tire BS or are they actually reliable, with jumping and all. I won't have cash for new extended a-arms for a while.

Don't really know about the wheel spacers
From what i hear they work fine but i decided instead of buying them for my blaster to just sell it and buy a 400ex
a good 1999 400 costs less than a brand new blaster

4. I got a tiny tear in my seat from, I don't know what, ripping through the bushes proly, any tricks on how I can prevent it from getting worse?

Seat cover $60 from ceet

peace out