Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What kind of guns do you own?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 01:26 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of guns do you own?

my pride and joy....Steyr AUG in 223 sweet (100 rounds only in the dark, awesome) Steyr link
Glock 19 in 9mm (love to shot all seem to go into the same hole)
Para Ordinance P13.45 in 45cal (also love to shoot and go into bigger hole)
Sig P228 in 9mm (my first I ever bought and shot alot)
22 rifle 60 (quiet and fun to shoot)
22 revolver 9 shot inherited recently (wheel guns not my style, see above)
22 S&W 422 (bought before S&W sold out)
sks Russian in 7.62x39 (like to shoot alot)
Mosen Nagant in 7.62x54R (never shot)
Bushmaster AR15 in 223 (wish it was automatic)
shotgun 12 ga side by side inherited recently never shot
French Mas in 8mm (can't hit water from a boat????)
Daisy 880 BB rifle

Old 03-04-2003, 01:30 AM
Range Rover

should we start a list of firearms that we have shot????
MP5 fully automatic
Ak47 fully automatic
Thompson 45 fully automatic
MAC 11 suppressed fully automatic
Remington 7mm magnum (devirginized her by taking a boar at 175yds from a run and only 3 breaths until taking the shot)
UZI 9mm (I love to shoot this and it shoots straight)
......and many more

Old 03-04-2003, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

1- lorcin L-9 9mm handgun
1- Marlin 10/22 Rifle
1- Western Fields 12 gauge pump (OLD)
1- FIE single shot 12 gauge
1- Remington 880 express 20 gauge semi auto
1- Ruger P-90 .45 cal (NICE)
1- soon to own a .50 cal Desert Eagle

Old 03-04-2003, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

Pushin, you should check out the movie "Encanaba in da Moonlight" It is by Jeff Daniels and is kinda silly but funny and based off of that song. There is this character on it called "the Jimmer" he had me in cramps from laughing so hard" my cheby took achit" you'll know when you see it LOL. I found it at Hollywood video. I have all three versions of the song as well. Me and my bro refuse to go hunting without listening to those songs before opening day.

Just out of curiosity...I have been around guns my whole life and am a very very good shot, but even with that I have never understood why anyone would want to buy Ak's and such?? What is there purpose, I am not trying to be anti gun in any way, just curious as to why you need one and what would you use them for? I know you can get them to be fairly accurate but they are not as accurate as guns such as my Sako so they arent really that great for any kind of hunting. I guess i just dont see the point and thats what I am trying to find out....just what is the point???????????

Old 03-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DemonDS

Just out of curiosity...I have been around guns my whole life and am a very very good shot, but even with that I have never understood why anyone would want to buy Ak's and such?? What is there purpose, I am not trying to be anti gun in any way, just curious as to why you need one and what would you use them for? I know you can get them to be fairly accurate but they are not as accurate as guns such as my Sako so they arent really that great for any kind of hunting. I guess i just dont see the point and thats what I am trying to find out....just what is the point???????????
I'll give you a couple of reasons!!! #1-They are FUN to shoot!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], #2-Do you really want to take on a room full of miscreants intent on hurting you and your family with your trusty bolt-action Sako? I would rather do it with my trusty H&K Model 91 in .308 with a couple of 20 or 30 round magazines!!!!!!!! #3- The very sight of an assault rifle will let people know you mean business!!!!! Oops!!! I gave you three reasons. But, they're GOOD reasons!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

I gotta AK-47 with a few 30 shot clips, an AK-74 ( a wut?) with a 75 shot drum, a 30-30 Marlin for little deer, a 7mm STW Remington Sundero w/ Springfield Armory mil-dot scope for bigger animals (that's a 375 H&H magnum necked down to a 7mm, accurate to a good 900 yards), a semi-auto 12 guage, a pump for turkeys, and a Ruger red hawk .44 Mag, 7.5 inch barrel w/ a non magnifying red-dot scope.

When I get my taxes back I'm planning on buying a TC Contender with 2 grips, 2 scopes, and 7 barrels from my ex's Aunt who's selling her late hubby's guns. It even comes in a nice big case, all for $1300, just like new........

Old 03-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OutOfControl
Hey Alky, I would love to pick up atleast 1 case of 7.62x39 for $80 or so. If you or anyone else can help let me know. Also interested in some 9mm, .357mag and .41mag for target shooting.

Hey check out Cabella's, they got good deals on all that stuff..........1,000 rounds for around 75 bucks, depending on grain.........That's where I get my AK and 44 mag ammo from, 'cept the 44's a lot more pricey......

Old 03-04-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Because, when you go to a pit with a bunch of old folks, kids with 22's, and outa state hunters, it is fun to get thier attention with what sounds like full automatic fire from an assault rifle with a high capacity magazine.

Just this last hunting season I bet there was almost 10 people here and there in the local pit (where we 'wheel in the summer, by the way) testing thier shooting skills when my cousin and I pulled up in his Lumina, he with my AK-47 (30-shot clip) and me with the AK-74 (75 shot drum in that one.) Anyway, I had a string run from the bolt through the sling mount and around the trigger on both (VERY illegal, by the way) and we jumped out (not really near any one), and started blasting into a corner, not really aiming at anything but sand, then drove off immediately after, laughing like retards, just wondering what all those people where thinking. He emptied the clip and I fired off 40-somethin' rounds, and the whole stop-to-leave took about 30 seconds. Oh, what a hoot.......

Old 03-04-2003, 06:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Demon, The only few purposes of Guns like those are for show. Collectors etc. The real purpose is for killing. Not animals. If a Red Dawn (movie) situation ever came up I wouldn't mind owning one or 10 of them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

thats right. SKS is a good hunting rifle, actually. the AK jumps around more, but the intimidation factor is why i have one. EVERYONE knows what it is and they know "youre serious"

and it makes the most awesome sounds when ya cycle the bolt....make yer blood run cold..especially in the dark..hehe

plus, its always a good idea to use the same type of ammo asa potential eenemy, in case ya need more. the AK/SKS are the 2 most popular rifles on the world... plus i have a mini14 in case they show up with AK74s....

Quick Reply: What kind of guns do you own?