Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BearTracker?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BearTracker?

I just bought a 99 BearTracker and have a few questions:

1. I am new to ATVs so this question may seem strange to the seasoned users. What about a brake light? Does the BearTracker have one? If it does I haven't been able to get it to work.

2. The neutral and reverse lamps both stay on all the time whether I am going forward or reverse. I have checked out the wiring with a volt/ohmeter and the wiring seems fine. Next I was planning on removing the trans neutral/reverse switch. My question is how difficult is it to get to the switch? Do I have to drain the oil before I start removing parts? I have a set of metric tools and if I can understand how to get the part out I will do the work myself. If this involves dismantling trans gears I will pass and take it to the shop.

Thanks in advance,
45acp

Old 03-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default BearTracker?

Yes the bear tracker does have a brake light. There may be something wrong with the wiring.

Old 03-02-2003, 05:16 PM
Range Rover
Default BearTracker?

The 99 beartracker does not have a brake light switch the were first put on in 03 Your wiring problem sounds like you might have a ground problem, usally switchif it is bad wont allow indicator lights to come on at all. check for broken wires or bad connections, before replacing switch.

Old 03-24-2003, 01:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BearTracker?

Just an FYI for other users who may have the same problem I did. The trans and neutral indicators now work. The problem was disconnected wires going to the trans and neutral switches. The challenge was finding the trans and neutral switch locations. If you need info on where to find these switches just drop me a message and I will gladly reply.

Actually the neutral switch electric contact was broken off so I customized a new connector and it works great.

Next I am installing new shoes on the front brakes. One of these days I will have the BearTracker ready to hit the trail.

45acp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default BearTracker?

the beartracker does not have a brake light, it has a rear light that only comes on when you turn the lights on, it doesnt shine brighter when you hit the brakes or anything, its simply a light.....i had a 99 beartracker from brand new untill two years ago, really a bullet proof bike, you'll enjoy, i just simply wanted more power......

Old 03-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default BearTracker?

Thats what it was... yeah those thins are bullet proof my friend did this uphill and could not make it and the thing rolled all the way down the hill and nothin was wrong besides the racks were bent a little, great bike.