Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DELL computers

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DELL computers

Who uses/used them? What is the feedback? Good and Bad!!

How's their quality? Their service? Customer service?

I'm ready to make a computer purchase and need some input.

TIA,
"TOID"

Old 03-03-2003, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default DELL computers

I have one, I bought about 8 months ago. It is a great machine I got the 8200 desktop machine. I pretty much got it fully loaded at least at the time. It runs great.

I cheaped out on the monitor, because I want to get a flatpanel display, but at the time did not have the extra funds for it. I got the dell brand 17inch. I had one just up and stop working for me. I talked to support, via email and did the tests they asked, it still did not work. They had another one sent out overnight, by airborne, with packing info for the return shipment.

I was pleased. They have good online support via some forums at delltalk.com. I think that is the site, I have not been back for awhile.

Overall I am pleased with my purchase and the machine. I shopped around and I could get this system for about $300 less then anyone else.

Good luck with your purchase.

bat

Old 03-03-2003, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default DELL computers

I bought a Dell Laptop (Latitude PP01L-all the bells and whistles) 3months ago and I love it. The equipment quality alone is great. Customer service seems to be good thus far. I haven't had any issues yet to challange them though.

The company I work for just signed a big Contract with Dell for all our computers and service so that tells me they might be a real solid outfit.

Old 03-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default DELL computers

Make your own computer. It's cheaper, faster, and you know what your getting. Those computer companys totally rip you off!

Old 03-03-2003, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default DELL computers

Originally posted by: BigBubba
Make your own computer. It's cheaper, faster, and you know what your getting. Those computer companys totally rip you off!
That may be true, but I have several friends that have tried that route and usually end up with some compatability issues. Maybe they are just not doing it right.

I could have done that, but when adding up the prices it would only have saved me about $500, that was not worth it to me. I went with the latest and greatest at the time.

Bat

Old 03-03-2003, 02:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default DELL computers

I bought a refurbished dell CPU and a refurb 17" flat panel for cheap. I think it was almost 800 or 900 dollars cheaper. Don't let the refurbished scare you. This thing is perfect and you can still get all the warranties with it. The tech support really tries to help you with the problem and IMO it's the best around. I thought about building one but I asked myself what would i do WHEN it breaks down, because all computers will screw up and need some fixing. So i decided to pay a little more money to get the dell warranty.

Old 03-03-2003, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default DELL computers

Bought a new Dell off theyre website and i love it.I like Windows XP. late,zubbeyboy

Old 03-03-2003, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default DELL computers

dude your gettin a dell

(sorry someone had to do it)

Old 03-03-2003, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default DELL computers

I have a Gateway cuz a son got a gateway and i was impressed with their service. NO menus, even in the middle of the night, you call them, you get to talk to a 'people' . i am impressed with the quality and service and have no complaints, except about the ppl i bought it from., kindofa gateway satellite store, this is a small town. If i have any questions, I call South Dakota, not Bend OR, to talk to someone.
SD is 1100 miles away, bend is 7 miles away.
I am hopeful that Dell has great customer service too. That to me is calling a number and talking to a person, not a 15 deep menu where you can record a message, or an 'interactive' computer who doesnt understand you but wont let you talk to a human. are you listening AT&T??????????????????????????????
your service is not funny. and your arrogance is repulsive. I hope you print your own money. SORRY< off subject, but i feel better now!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]:
anyway, what i see on tech TV the leaders are gateway and dell in the consumer market. that says a bunch. just make sure you get what ya need and want, perhaps take someone who has one along. It would have saved me some bucks, but it wasnt possible, and i ended up with less than i needed, but i'm glad the salesman made his BMW payment. thats connecting point computers in bend and klamath falls oregon... did i think too loud?

get what you need sir, and when it comes to memory and clock speed think big. And it's not an investment, it's a loss. expect it

and have fun! ;p

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default DELL computers

I have friends that have dells and no complaints from them. I built my own and its ran great, but yes some people I know have ran into compatibility(sp) issues. But you do save alot of money for a real gamers computer. Go for dell and you shouldn't be dissapointed.

Quick Reply: DELL computers