Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Playboy mag sticks up for the ATVers!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Playboy mag sticks up for the ATVers!!!!

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.ph...=&fpart=1&vc=1

Consider it a gift!

Old 03-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

dbeck and 14mins, You guys did mention a group ride din't you. I don't really think any one will care in what area of the country it would be in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

THANK YOU DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggerisbetter.(now)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

Playboy has words[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, if we wanna "endanger" our lives, let us. I dont see them illegalizing smoking, or bunjee jumping, or mountain climbing. If quads were banned I would prolly play on the street with my street bike against my better judgement. I cant live just going to school, come home play on internet and study, then goto sleep, 4 years down the road when I have a diploma switch that out for eat, sleep, work, eat sleep. I gotta have fun somewhere. Just remember to vote for bush again, I dont see him letting them ban quads.

Old 03-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bigger...
I kinda got out of the whole A$$ whippin thing when people started bringing guns to fist fights!!!
Just ain't like it used to be, and the sad thing about that is that the used to be wasn't that long ago!!!

If your gonna throw down then throw down... if you win shake the mans hand if you lose wipe the blood off your face then shake the mans hand!!!

LOL

Ow and by the way Just how biga old boy are ya? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 06:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 66oDisturbed
yes i read the articles!!!...playboy flames the "atv vehicle safety crisis group" America's children at risk!!!

the evil people say... " atv's may seem harmless enough, giving big tires, apparently wide stance, four wheel drive and a cushy seat. Appearances r deceiving. these vehicles r built and marketed for speed w/ many of them atvs capable of speeds 75 miles per hour ( my modded rappy can hardly do that) they injure maim or kill more then 110,000 people every year, and the real tragedy is that children younger then 16 years old pay the heaviest price. for nearly a decade the toll on children has been climbing dramatically, while the off-road vehicles industry has aggressively marked bigger faster and more dangerous atvs"

Playboy..." the report, which calls on states to prohibit anyone under the age of 16 from driving an atv, is a classic example of the the activist phenomenon know as reefer madness: exaggerate the regulate. to make their case, the groups shade statistics or in this case soak them in blood. take the statement that atv's injure main Sir kill more then 110,000 people each year. the report lumps together lethal and nonlethal finger cuts and funerals so the numbers will have more of an impact"
" the report notes that between 1993 and 2001, the number of injures caused by atv-related accidents more then doubled, to 111,750 per year, resulting in a 6.5 billion tab for medical, legal and loose-of-work coasts. of those injured 34,00 were under the age of 16''

"what those numbers don't tell u that is in the same period, the numbers of atvs approximately tripled. so actually, the injury rate has gone down!!!. furthermore, the accident rate among kids is almost identical to that of the riders between ages 16 and 34!"

" the report includes more shocking numbers: between the years of 1982 and 2001 at least 4541 people died in atv accidents. to give the figures perspective consider that bicycles accidents send more then 500,000 people to the emergency rooms each year. sixty percent of them are kids. bikes crashes kill about 900 people a year; 200 of them are children. bikes and atvs produce similar body counts among children. but instead of banning bicycling, states passed helmet laws, which significantly reduced fatalities!"

" the groups that issued the report see's such statistics as justification for a ban. but their is a obvious lesson here about taking risks: teach ur children well, give them an atv for they're age and size, and always wear safety equipment etc...machines have prominent warning labels and age recommendations. 12 and under should ride vehicles w/ 70cc engines, those 16 and under should ride 90cc and under."

"whether ur a religious zealot or a tree huger " save the children" is a lazy and dishonest way to make ur case!!!"

WAY TO GO PLAYBOY FOR SETTING THE FACTS STRAIGHT!!!....F THOSE UP TIGHT SOCCER MOMS LOOKIN FOR SOMETHING TO B*TCH ABOUT!!!!!
Exactly 660Disturbed- AMEN-I agree with you totally

Old 03-06-2003, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

ya know what....after readin that article again....if i ever see some stupid tree huggers at my dunes...im going to do one of 2 things ( depending on my mood) offer them a ride and see and feel what riding is all about. or ...im going to roost them SOB's good then chop down a tree and beat them w/ it until they leave!!!!

Old 03-06-2003, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

66oDisturbed, I totally missed that article-- I had to go back and find it... because I was, uhhh, reading a different article... yeah, that's it!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

C...CCarmen is in there? She is a goddess.

Quick Reply: Playboy mag sticks up for the ATVers!!!!