Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is the Raptor faster than the DS650 in a drag?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Raptor faster than the DS650 in a drag?

well if u cant lean when ur on a side of a hill on a rappy then ur gonna roll it, the thing is easier then my 300 ex to control, steering and turning wise

Old 03-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The Raptor is much faster.

Old 03-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Crackhead, Better do some research before you start ******* out the Predator. It might save you some embarassment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any of the new quads can be fast, just depends on what a person is looking for in a quad that determine's which one is best.

Old 03-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

The only reason the predator has good handling is cause of that steerting system thats like a rack&pinion steering, put a pep steering stabalizer on a raptor and itll handle just as good if not better, it aslo comes with Fox shocks and razr tires, put some ohlins and razrs on a raptor and it will perform better than the predator. The reason im 'doggin' on the predator is cause some1 came in here sayin that the predator is faster (when its not) when the question was about a raptor and a ds

Old 03-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Your post make's it clear you have little knowledge of any of the atv's mentioned in this post. In a drag race the driver will have more to do with the outcome than the DS, Predator or the Raptor if all are stock, The suzuki 400 will out handle all of them, but is down on power. If your going to have to spend another 3000.00 dollars to get the Raptor to handle the same as a predator, why not buy a Predator. Plus you failed to mention the real advantage of the Pro stering system. a stablizer has nothing to do with it. When you buy the tires, dont forget new a arms and a wider rear axle. There went another 1000.00. Why not put that 4000.00 in the raptor engine and have one bad a$$ Raptor. oops, better take part of that and rebuild the trans. (Just had to say that.)

Old 03-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

I saw plenty of Predators, DS650s & Raptors at the drags at Little Sahara this past weekend. The Predators run great, but to say that they're faster than a DS or Rappy is kinda stretchin' it a ways. There was one really fast Predator which obviously had some real work done to it. It lost 4th gear and went home early though so I didn't get to see it race any modded DS650s or Rappys. If you were to tell me that a modded Predator would outrun a tuned 760 or big bore Raptor I'd have to ask for a video clip and a drug test. Like I said, the Predator is a great quad, but don't try blowin' smoke up the ol' poop shoot about a stock or piped Pred wasting the modded big bores. BTW was the Polaris dealer and his employees riding the stage one DS in the drag race that you witnessed? Perhaps he just had a thumb cramp.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ive seen a predator beat out a 440ex by a bike. The pred was jetted and had a filter kit on it. It looked pretty healthy. Ive heard internally there can be a huge power increase. More so then the raptor and DS. Give them time and we'll see if they are all right or not

Old 03-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

The Predator you saw was basically stock, running on alcohol, no internal mods at all, had a filter, with a modified stock muffler. Vilnrk seems to be very fast, just wait till he goes in the engine. And yes I am telling you the Predator is going to match up to the fastest four strokes you have seen. Times are changing, you might not like it, but Polaris is going to be a factor in the near future. Our Prototype cams are almost out of Production, The CDI box is almost ready. we are just getting started, but we are coming fast. Within weeks you will be seeing 10,000 rpm 580 cc Predators on nitrous at a track near you.

Old 03-25-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yea but untill then they are slower than a DS and a Rappy..

Old 03-25-2003, 06:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

SP, i agree. I think the predators are going to be a very fast motor. The stock internals are like dynosaures, and i feel there is a lot of potential

Quick Reply: Is the Raptor faster than the DS650 in a drag?