Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior good and bad

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior good and bad

I dont diss the warror it is a great quad but it coast nearluy 5000$ And the Blaster can do any thig it can do for 3100$ plus he is tryug just to get a quad for the woods you dont get to top speed in the woods where i live either way your getting a really good quad. By the way i used the warror icon because it looks kinda like a Blaster.Plus the blaster goes as fast as a warror.

Old 03-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanx everybody, before i get my warrior i gotta sell my quadrunner 250...redsfan i'm to big for a blaster and i don't like 2 stroke, 4 stroke is better...i think i'm just gonna get a used 97-00 warrior and put on a pipe and filter if u have any suggestions for good pipes don't hold back thanx

Old 03-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

get a pro design proflow adaptor and a kn filter.. and a pc t4 or e series or for a good cheap pipe get a supertrapp ids2

Old 03-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Yes a blaster can do anything a warrior can do, except go in reverse, run for 5+ years without a rebuild, and hold a full size person. If I was 5'2" 120lbs again im sure I would have alot of fun on a blaster. Put a 200lb person on a piped blaster, and a 200lb person on a piped warrior and then see who wins.

Ooops forgot, filter: I like stock, im always scared that K&N is going to eat up some dirt, but do get a proflow kit so you can take the lid off. Pipe, get an HMF , White brothers, or anything with discs is nice. Dosent matter, they all rape you on the prices. Try to buy one with a pipe so it was the last owner who got raped.

Old 03-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

I own a Warrior and a Blaster... I just rebuilt the blaster (port, bore, mill, the whole 9 yards) after 2 years and now has boo-koo power (revs). Dont get me wrong i thought i could never leave my blaster. But after i got my 87 warrior rebuilt i choose it. If i take both quads out on the trailer the warrior is always off first and being ridden the most. I am 6'3" 160. I still fit on the blaster, it just does not haave the suspention that my warrior has (both are stock).

The warriors do grand in mud and snow the good m/s tires on it. Mine will follow our wolverine thourgh anything and sometimes more. My only hang up is my dropped rear skidplate so i could fit the 45t rear sprocket on there. that helped the torque so mcuh.

My opinion on the Warrior: (87) I believe the early models have the best chassis set up for the trails. The engine is 1" to the front which causes less front wheel slip (although it is pretty heavy). also the carb is not that difficult to rejet... The early model A-arms suck and will bend if you jump and land to hard, but in the trails this is not a problem. To add on that the tie rods on ALL yamaha sport machine are junk. Clip a tree and you are done. Buy Ricky Stator tie rods, they are garanteed. Yes the warrior suffers on the top end. I suspect with pipeing and such with stock gearing a warrior could go 60mph, speed tested my warrior tops out at 45, but it is set up for pure torque. With that it rarely stalls. (old reliable)

My warrior mods: Reworked engine (cam, crank, rod, piston, gears....) (bored, ported), White borthers E-series pipe, uni filter, reworked carb, amadillo front bumper, ricky stator a-arms, 12 or 11/45 gearing, droped skid, bandit tires, and trail tech lighting. And a few more little mods.

My opinion on my blaster: (96) Very fast and nimble. Easy to rebuild which is good becasue it is a 2stroke. It is very tippy and revy comparied to the warrior. Good fast trail runner. Poor on hard unexpected landings off jumps. It will out run a warrior in a drag. it is reiable if you keep up on mantiance..

blaster mods: stock gearing, reworked engine (rod, crank, piston, bore, mill..), holeshot MX tires, rewired harness, dg bumper, bills pipe and scilencer, twist, home brew oil block off, uni filter, and a few more little mods.

Over all i would have to second what mascman said. It all depends on what YOU want to do with the quad. IT is not a daily dragger but an all day trail quad. And please to not get talked out of purchasing a good quad for you becasue of some little punk kid who thinks their quad in the "best-est ever"