Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Tell Me If I'm Right

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell Me If I'm Right

O.K. I just got everything I need to rejet today. I know the main jets are easily accessible and easy to change. Is it the same for the pilot jets. I read somewhere about the floats being adjusted and such.Will I have problems with the floats.I have a manual but it doesn't show how to change only the Mains or only the pilots. It just shows how to disassemble the carb. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I ride a 2002 Raptor.Thanks

Old 03-20-2003, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

Well as far as I know the only you things you should need to adjust in the carbs are the main jets, maybe the pilot jets and the clip position other than that I am not sure.

Old 03-20-2003, 07:40 PM
Range Rover

Yep. I'm gonna start off keeping the needle on the 3rd slot. I am gonna take the bowl off and there you can see the main jet. I will change this to the size I need, and i wanna up one size on myu pilot. I am wondering if it is easily accessible as the main jets are.
Thanks

Old 03-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

shmoo...the pilots are in the bowl along with the main jets. As for floats..it doesn't hurt to check them. Just flip the carb upside down, look at the base(where the bowl attaches to the carb) and make sure you have it level. Then look at the floats and see if they are level. If not, bend the tang to adjust your floats so they are level with the base.

Old 03-20-2003, 09:47 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the post. It's people like you who help people like myself save money from the stealership. A little bit of reading and typing and boom, I'm about to rejet my carbs. CHEERS RaptorRcR !!! Hopefully everything goes smoothe tomorrow.....