Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breeze

who makes the ralley 200? never heard of it is it new

Old 03-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Breeze

Would polaris themselves, or a dealer be more able to help him?? what about a honda recon ES it has a rear and front brake lever on the handlebars and the trailblazer doesnt and it isnt an auto but since you shift it by hand i dont see the problem with that it will also allow you to use the engine as a brake while going downhill.The recon i had was in my opinion pretty much bullit proof and never left me sit, i cant say the same for some of my friends on the trailblazers. I dont like polaris for reliability reasons, the recon is shaft drive compared to the chain, in my opinion for overall longevity the shaft is better...no 2 stroke oil needed for the recon either..In my opinion less matinence to... Thats just my 2 cents.........

Ryan

Old 03-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Breeze

does anyone see something wrong with this picture?

do your parents know you want to get into ATV's? are they allowing you to go do this, and support your desire to get into this sport?

do you have a budget for this? your selection of machines that you're looking into is all over the map, as well as the actual size of the machines themselves.

have you ever ridden an ATV?i dont know how severe your condition is, but you may find that the breeze would be all the power you would/could handle.

if you buy an ATV and when you go riding, will you be alone? i would certainly hope that if you're truly serious about doing this, that you plan on having someone riding you that could help you out if you fall off/ flip the machine over/ get stuck on something/ break down.

i'm all for people who have setbacks like muscular dystrophy get in ATVing and taking on other new challenges, but in my opinion this could very well be pushing the limit a bit too much. this is just a hypothetical situation (and i'm NOT saying this would occur with you, hotrims), but what if this kid (hotrims) falls off the machine and gets seriously injured or killed? i'm pretty sure it would get some form of media attention, whether it be tv, the newpapers, magazines, of whatever, and i'm sure the anti-ORV crowd would jump all over an accident like this and would make us look like the bad guy, for selling a poor kid who wasn't capable of handling an atv (due to a disease like MD, or something else).

one more thing- i would make sure your nearest ORV park would allow for someone with your situation ride. some parks might reject you and not let you ride there for safety/liability reasons.

i'm sorry if i sound offensive, i really dont mean it in that way. i'm just asking you to think it all through if you haven't already.

Thank you.

Ryan

Old 03-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Breeze

First off I take that very offencive and yes I'm ain't stupid, I don't just go posting before talking to people. And as for this board I'm gone because I ain't for getting offended like that!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2003, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Breeze

ryanh250ex,

Im sorry but however you put that it sounds really shi$$y, I dont see why as long he is able to ride it he cant, I read a story on here about a guy that has a spinal injury and has no use of his legs, he rides at the dunes and enjoys it very much, I dont see the problem why he couldnt ride an atv if he was physicly able to, Im sorry but if he cant ride because of his disability with his legs, maybe you shouldnt ride because your lack of a brain. I know bad media would not be good but should he just not be able to try and ride because your scared of some bad media?????????

Ryan E.

Old 03-25-2003, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Breeze

ryanh250ex did not really say anything about not riding at all because he is afraid of some bad media, he just mentioned it since we all know those tree huggers are always out for something. He did point out important stuff like he should have alot planned out before purchasing it. He may have the actual riding part down if he gets a fully auto but like everyone knows there is more then just pushing the throttle. Like he pointed out if this kid is in the middle of the woods and the quad just dies out on him what will he do?

Old 03-25-2003, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Breeze

What do I do welll a my friends and family will be with me and it's called a cell phone, also. Thanks Ryan E. that makes me a little less pi$$ed off...

Old 03-25-2003, 08:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Breeze

Well there are dead zones that is if you ride in the woods. Maybe get that walkie talkie cell phone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] god I hate that thing.

Quick Reply: Breeze