Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breeze

lol

Old 03-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Breeze

Hey hotrims, I am sure that no one in the forum really knows your condition as well as you its just that ryanh250ex was just letting you know that riding can be dangerous to all of us no matter what and if you have no expierience and have MD it might be a good idea to think about all of the things that happen when riding because a lot of things could and do go wrong.

Old 03-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Breeze

Originally posted by: HOTRIMS
First off I take that very offencive and yes I'm ain't stupid, I don't just go posting before talking to people. And as for this board I'm gone because I ain't for getting offended like that!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

i'm sorry you took my post that way. as i said earlier, i didn't mean for it to be like that.

i NEVER said you were stupid...and i'm not "posting before talking to people", as i'm talking to you right now. that's why i'm asking the questions. if i was doing what you are accusing me of doing, i would've automatically assumed you haven't done or thought out any part of what i mentioned. hence these CRAZY little things at the end of the statements called question marks. hehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

the reason why i brought all of those things up is that from the way you put it, hotrims, it didn't sound like your plan to buy an atv was very well-thought out. to me, it sounded somewhat sketchy.

also, i am NOT afraid of bad media. i mention it because in my area, whenever there is an accident, especially when it revolves around someone under the age of 16, it gets ALOT of negative media attention. the feeling in my area is VERY anti-ORV. i get dirty looks from neighbors when i wash my quad, let alone when i ride in my yard. i dont mind or fear negative media attention so much as do negative attention for reasons that could have been prevented.some examples would be no helmet, unsupervised kids riding machines way too big for them, the list goes on and on.

i am not trying to discourage this kid trying to pursue something that he thinks would be alot of fun. i know how it feels to have someone try to crush your dreams, and i'm not trying to do that to hotrims at all. i know that i dont always think everything through when i go after something, and i know that some of us do the same thing. we're not perfect, but we are all human.

once again, i'm truly sorry i offended you, hotrims. i just wanted to ensure that you thought EVERYTHING out before something bad could happen.

Old 03-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Breeze

Hey Hotrims...everyone in here has opinions. Some of them you will like, and others, well will **** you off....keep your wheels cooled. I salute you for traversing the general opinion of what is safe for one in such a challenging position. My sugestion you may also not like but here it is for what it is...have you considered a Honda Pilot or Odessy?!!! I don't know where you plan on riding but those machines are totally awesome. And all the controlls are at your hands, plus you don't have to lean into a corner, i.e. body english. Just a thought...carry on with your quest young man! and the best of luck!

Jim

P.S.--what ever happened to Frogman28 and his Grizzly, a.k.a. Jonathon? He had the best stories!!!!

Old 03-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Breeze

Well I talked to my parents and people around here and know about the safety. I am still going to to get into ATVs. I know I can do it because I tried my friends mini a few years ago and could use it. I know I have been lifting weights every sence. Thanks for your consern for my safety. Oh yeah, I drive snowmobiles in the winter, too.

Old 03-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Breeze

What kind of riding are you going to do anwyays

Old 03-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Breeze

Pretty much just joyridding.

Old 03-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Breeze

I can take a guess at what Polaris' response will be.

You're 13. All the ATV's you are looking at bear a sticker stating they are for 16 and older. They won't help you. You might be able to get better results going through some local groups ("Lions club" or something like that) to get the project rolling. A dealer cannot sell you an ATV over 90cc's if they know it's for you or they could lose their license.

Personally, I don't agree with this concept. My son is also 13 and can handle a larger machine quite well. Luckily in Minnesota he will soon be able to ride it legally once he passes a class.

I also think your desire to get into ATV riding is admirable and I wish you sucess in your endeavours. Keep us informed!

Old 03-31-2003, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Breeze

Thank you. I learned not to give up on stuff for wanting to play hockey. I go out to where people are playing and say I wanna play and they say no ur in a wheelchair. Then I drive out there and smoke em'

Old 03-31-2003, 10:43 PM
Range Rover
Default Breeze

well, i really do hate being a legal genious.... but...

For someone that suffers from a possibly fatal disease [Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 2] you do not seem to know that much about it. Well, i did a little quick research and came to find out that SMA2 effects the upper body almost exclusively. Weakness of the ARMS, LEGS, upper AND lower torso, and skeletal deformities. All very important to pilot an ATV. Now, this disease, as it is effecting the spine, wouldn't be the best disease to have while trying to ride an ATV. The shock given to a rider during normal "joy riding" conditions is many times great enough to just give the rider a little back sore. But i could only imagine how it would affect someone with a spinal condition. [from my source... "Spinal muscular atrophy primarily affects the motor neurons that control the muscles of the body"] Motor neurons affect... thats right... Motor skills... eye-hand coordination... might need that to miss that big rock you're heading for on that ATV.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intermediate Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA or SMA2) (Also known as SMA Type 2)

Onset: 6 months to 3 years.

Symptoms: Weakness in arms, legs, upper and lower torso, often with skeletal deformities.

Progression: Disease usually progresses rapidly and respiratory problems may develop.

Inheritance: Autosomal recessive.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that i don't believe you, i just don't see how you can have a disease like this and not know the consequences. I'm all for pushing the limits and making the impossible possible, but as far as putting your life at risk [not that us MXers dont do that every time we get on a track] im opposed to this idea. I supported my argument with hard facts, JMO.
Like they say.... "Fat people don't make good tight rope walkers"

Quick Reply: Breeze