Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster handling mods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003 | 11:53 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster handling mods?

i just bought a 1992 blaster with the stock tires still on it in about 75% condition. I put a new plug in it and she runs like a champ!

Well i'm a big guy and this is about my 5th atv, right now i have an FST330EX built up for racing(which i retired from after a few races and a broken arm) but i can't sell it for what i got in it so i got this blaster to screw around on and save the 330 for when i want to go play at the track.

Well i am looking first for some handling mods.

The only thing i ride are trails, no big jumping, some hill climbing, mainly i'm riding with my girlfriends brother on trails on their farm.

Right now i am feeling a little akward in the way it handles. The balloon stock tires completely suck, first things first, some flat profile tires, i know what i'm doing here, holeshots or razrs or maybe something cheaper like fast trekkers. And a set of offset rims.

but now where can i get a cheap +2 axle, I WILL NOT use spacers or such, but the back end needs a few more inches of width. ( i seem a durablue for a 189 heard these are terrible and even the most causual rider wil bend them? currently running a lonestar on my 330 that i love but it set me back a lot more than 200 )

What about +2 a-arms and some cheaper shocks(works maybe without rezzies..dual rates?)

I just want parts that will hold up to trail riding, i want to keep it under a grand hopefully!

Any websites you guys can supply will be greatly apperciated.

Old 03-29-2003 | 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

The stock Banshee axle will fit the blaster and is a little wider

Works shocks are good, I'm pretty sure you can only get dual rates for them (can't remember) rezzies are up to you

I run shredders on the rear, they are cheaper than the holeshots / razrs and work well

Old 03-29-2003 | 05:27 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the input on the banshee axle

i will check that one out ASAP!!!

anyone else got some ideas?