Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

somethin wrong with my Raptor???

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default somethin wrong with my Raptor???

Beleive me I felt the same. Before I got mine I read through the forums and magazine articles and was expecting " scary fast power" "you better hold on" "can't keep the front end down" kind of power. Well it was'nt like that, it ran strong but I felt "what's the big deal". It started getting stronger after about 8 to 10 hrs. and they are geared high from the factory so I put a 43 tooth rear sprocket on and I was even happier.

They're all going to be different from one to another, maybe yours is taking a little longer to break in and will take longer to wear out and it might want a little bigger jets than others. Give it some time and maybe up the jets a little if you plan to keep it stock for a while. If you plan on doing some mods soon leave it for now and jet it when you get the mods done.

Now with a yoshi, gytr jet kit and air filter adapter there are very few with simular mods that can keep up.

Don't worry....... be happy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats good to know sixsix, I just ordered those exact mods today.

Old 04-17-2003, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

oh, sorry about the mistake on the quote. Its been a long day. So like a few other suggested, ill wait til i get my 20 hours on it and then see whats up with it. thanks to all who spent the time to reply!!

Old 04-18-2003, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Warrior,
I too was all geared up for the ultimate power. I can't say I was disappointed but I think I was expecting a little more than it turned out to be. What made me recently realize just exactly what I really had was, I was over at the dunes with the family and I hopped on my daughters 300ex. I thought I could probably run faster. Don't worry about it. Just have fun dude. I've never had my Raptor on pavement at anything more than an idle so I can tell how mine performs on it.
Take it easy

Old 04-18-2003, 01:52 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

you guys are freekin out

relax

your bike should be jetted from the dealer for your elevation

Honestly,,,,just have a raptor owner from this forum come and test your bike

I bet they (us forum members) are lurking close by (in PA)

press the right thumb as hard as you can,,,,,then concentrate on trying to get the rear tires to get as much traction as possible (helmet on)

Old 04-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Range Rover

Hey I have my Raptor for a year. 1st gear is easy to wheelie in but hold it in first is hard. 2nd you have to pull up and give it gas. 3rd I havn't got it up like on a wheely but I have had the front come up off the ground about 3/4 of a foot. I havn't mastered wheelies yet but I am working on it. I do it on dry hard dirt right now. If you want to do wheelies easily just take your baffle out with your arrestor. It gives you alot better low end and sounds like a yoshi pipe. You might run a hare lean but see how you like it. It could also your clutch, it might need to be adjusted. Also check your throttle limiter, make sure its all the way out. I would not take the lid off unless you rejet.