Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee main jet 310 sound right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee main jet 310 sound right?

dune pilot thanx, the plug wires......if they are reversed what happens? and the parking brake is a joke right?
thanx

Old 04-21-2003, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Big if you reverse the plug wires nothing should happen unless one plug wire is bad (bad spark plug cap or wire). The Banshee fires both plugs at the same time at 180 degrees of flywheel rotation so swapping them is not a problem. As far as the parking brake I think in 1998 Banshees had a parking brake that housed a switch inside the clutch lever mount. If the parking brake is not tight the piece that you push the button down for the parking brake doesn't move back to the regular position and the switch doesn't close telling the CDI that you have the parking brake engaged. When it thinks that the brake is engaged the motor retards the ignition and won't allow it to rev up. All you have to do is adjust the parking brake and it will put enough tension on the lever to close the switch.

Old 04-21-2003, 01:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanx, ok it neither of those, it does rev, and really nice also. ok i think i got it today. i adjust the top of the TORS, the slide adjusters. and now it doesnt bog at full throttle, it keeps on revving clean, it just doesnt make anymore power after about 1/2 throttle. revs hard and pulls wheelies etc, feels smooth and strong but power curves flattens at 1/2 throttle and up. i did several full throttle runs today (now that it was bogging) and checked the plugs right after, its not rich and not lean, nice cardboard color, one plug is always slightly leaner, the right side one. does this help anyone?
thanx! fellas

Old 04-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, let's check a few basics.

Take off your air filter and look into the intake so that you can see the carb slides. When you move the throttle you will see the slides go up and down. Adjust the big thumbscrews on top of the carbs (TORS units) until each slide bottoms out on the carb body and can go no further. Set each one so that the slide just bottoms out and no more. Now, push the throttle a little and make sure that each slide starts going up at the same time. Start up the banshee and give it a little bit of gas with the throttle to keep it running, you need to use the throttle because the idle isn't set yet. Turn each thumbscrew on the TORS the same number of turns each so the Banshee idles nicely - it should be warmed up before it will idle well. After this is done, shut off the engine and push the throttle to full throttle and notice on each carb near the top there is a little sight window. In that window you can see the slide and you should see an indent in the slide line up with the window at full throttle. Make sure that both carbs are showing their indent in the window at full throttle and at the same time. This is syncing the carbs.

Ok, that's one thing. Once that's done see how it runs. If it still has problems I would recommend putting the airbox lid back on and see what affect that has. If it runs better with the lid on you are jetted a little lean. If it runs worse then you are jetted a little rich (which I doubt but we'll see).

Do that and let us know and we'll take it from there. Honestly, I am running our of ideas ont his one but I would really like that 6 pack of beer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]