Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wanting to buy a sport quad is a Banshee to fast for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanting to buy a sport quad is a Banshee to fast for me?

The thing u have to remeber is that you control what the quad does. You control the throttle, brakes, everything. I started out about a year ago on the shee I have today. Ive put around 600 into it, and its my baby. Yeh, its old and beat, but its fast. I was scared of it when I first bought it. But just get to know it, and what its going to do. When I first bought it, I would almost never drive it in the powerband, but now its all I ride in. If you do end up buying it, you will not regret it. The only time Ive gotten hurt on mine was AFTER Ive had it for a long time. Also, its a very good feeling having the fastest quad around, knowing no one can beat u in a drag or a climb. But also another big downfall of the shee is, that anything else u ever ride will feel like a powerwheels quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

But as others are saying about 2 strokes being hard to maintain, they arent. Its one of those "you take care if it, it will take care of you" type things. You maintain it, keep bolts tight, do things right the first time, you will not have any problems. Just dont run crappy gas and oil in it. I know its expensive not to, but its essencial to a pro-longed engine, and plug life. Always run 93 octane, and a good synthetic oil (spectro gold, ams-oil). Run good B8EG or EV plugs too, it will keep u from getting stuck in the woods running on one cylinder.

Thats just my opinion though..

-nick

Old 04-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

too fast? what's that mean?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't think there was such a thing as too Fast...But then again if you have to ask it just may be....

Old 04-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TechTip101
I didn't think there was such a thing as too Fast...But then again if you have to ask it just may be....

well said!!

Old 04-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

jwkawi...Thanks

That all being said you can through logic out the window if you have enough Medical Insurance....ROCK ON!!!