Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

rappy or v-force

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rappy or v-force

That's Jackie Meadows, a pro rider jumping a STOCK V-Force. As for the landing, it must've been good because he kept doing it over and over again.

As for the topend on the Kawi, dual exhausts and proper clutching will quickly fix the problem. A simple primary spring changed added topend on mine. How important is topend in a drag race or in the woods anyway? The potential of the 700 twin is huge, Mickey Dunlap already has a 783 kit out.

Old 04-24-2003, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default rappy or v-force

No, keep your Rappy. Just save your money for a new tranny. I think god did make the V.

Old 04-24-2003, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default rappy or v-force

No doubt a V twin 700 is gonna be capable of some serious juice when modified. And that's one helluva jump. I'm sure they are gonna be a contender when the aftermarket really kicks in. I'd love to ride one and drag one too. I dont know why everyone get's so emotional about a new machine. If it's faster and better than a previous machine that's just progress why be torqued by it?? All the bashing that goes on here is something else. Maybe we'll get luck and Honda will step up with a high performance machine so the bar can be raised again, then Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawi, Polaris, and so on... Maybe the 100hp stock sport quad will someday be here.....oh..just wishful thinking... As for Force, maybe you could ride a machine of your own someday instead of just looking through dealership windows!

Old 04-24-2003, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default rappy or v-force

own 2- 11 year son has 250 bayou -Daddy 700 v

Old 04-24-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default rappy or v-force

You obviously like stirring the pot.

Old 04-24-2003, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default rappy or v-force

Not really-Just tell it like it is.

Old 04-24-2003, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default rappy or v-force

Here know-it-all, read about what someone who knows how to ride can do on the V-Force.

Eichner on the V-Force - MX track

Old 04-24-2003, 02:09 AM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default rappy or v-force

Well, I'm a KFX700 owner that will tell it like it is.

The 700 has incredible Low end power, and the Auto helps it hit fast and hard. The Top end is a little soft. Exhaust, CDI and so fourth will only make it better.

As far as the 700 out on the Dunes, I don't care what anyone says, you do notice the weight more. The 700, because of it's weight rides lower in the sand, and the front tires really push the sand around, creating more resistance. Don't misread what I am saying, it is a H*ll of a good quad out on the dunes, it will climb just about anything, it just isn't it's strongest environment.

I spent a day out in the sand with both my KFX700 and KFX400. That is why I can state this opinion. Going from one to the other, you notice the difference. I personally prefer my 400 for Dune riding, but I wouldn't hesitate to load up the 700 for a day of fun in the sand.

As far as the 700 vs the Raptor? Stock for Stock, the Raptor is a better Dune Quad. For Trail riding, No contest, KFX700 all the way. Afterall, that is what it was designed for.

One quick note, the FACT of the matter is, that it is NO mistake that all of the High-end Sport Quads are pretty close together performance wise.

Old 04-24-2003, 03:44 AM
Range Rover
Default rappy or v-force

I own a VForce and have currently spent as much time on it as my friends raptor. The raptor looks better and is fun to ride, but for a tall guy, 6'3", it feels very small and is a chore to ride in wet sand. The choices for bigger guys are the scrambler which is slow and handles poorly, the Bombardier which is hugh and expensive, and the V which handles well and is in between the raptor and the DS650 in size.

Old 04-24-2003, 06:43 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default rappy or v-force

RPM, I agree with all you have said (in most of your other posts too) except the part about the trails. ( i may have misunderstood)

Being as big and heavy as it is,,,,,I wouldnt take it on any of my favorite trails. I suppose some wide open logging or fire roads would be a good spot for it. I cant imagine trying to squeak it thru some of the tight, off camber, muddy, boulder soaked, stump, vertical, tree infested trails. (the kind of stuff where you have to treat your quad like a pogo stick, to get traction)

If they slapped the front wheel drive set-up that the Scrambler has,,,then maybe.

As far as the way of the future,,,,,,,,not really. Just an experiment. my 2 cents

In 10 years,,,most people will say 'what the heck is a V-force (sorry techtip101) (I still want to take it for a spin)

Is there some engineering reason that they didnt just put a chain and a 6 speed in it?????

As far as the 700 vs the Raptor? Stock for Stock, the Raptor is a better Dune Quad. For Trail riding, No contest, KFX700 all the way. Afterall, that is what it was designed for.
Do you really think the 700 will out perform a rappy on the trails "all the way" ??

Quick Reply: rappy or v-force