Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

rappy or v-force

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rappy or v-force

Originally posted by: Force
45 AUTO- You have no idea what quads I have owned-4 250 quad racers- 1 250 buyou-sons-JET SKI- 1200STX-SLED-900ZR. As for you I can tell you have no idea of power or you wouldnt have a V-10- They are well knowen to be dogs-underpowered-hogs.
Whatever dude, you come over to the Yammy forum to talk smack and obviously sniffed too much gas. And have you ever driven a Ford V10? Kinda like your talking about Raptors. Pulls my trailer just fine. My next rig will be a 6.0 Powerstroke, you wanna comment on that too?

Old 04-27-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default rappy or v-force

That would be the smartest thing you could do. My POWERSTROKE will pull those V-10S down the road while using less fuel.

Old 04-27-2003, 04:29 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default rappy or v-force

My opinion, anyone who buys a scrambler isn't the brightest person.
ANYONE!!!!! How about

My opinion, anyone who wants the fastest sport quad and buys a scrambler isn't the brightest person.

now that sounds better

scramblers have their place, and are very good at what they do. not the best for sport however, but a damn good comprimise

Old 04-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Range Rover
Default rappy or v-force

No man I meant anyone. They are slow automatic junk. If you were going to buy a quad for that price, buy a Honda at least. But a scrambler, haha. They are pathetic seriously dude. To even supe one up to make it as fast as a Raptor would cost a couple grand and it still would be automatic garbage. Lets take the trash out of the Yamaha forums. Call the garbage men.

Old 04-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default rappy or v-force

OK, I see your point

they are crap,,,,junk quads,,,,what was I thinkin

Next time Ill get a yamaha.

Thanks for all your help. You really know your stuff.

Evil peace,,,,,yeah
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default rappy or v-force

You know all this talk about the Kawi 700, I decided to put my two cents in. I just bought a 01 (yes I know about tranny problems) Raptor. I finally put some seat time on it today. It's torquey, I prefer it over a 400 EX and pulls and pulls, but quite frankly I didn't realize it before but today I noticed in the trails it handles like crap. I've been wanting a Raptor for so long and it's a sharp looking quad, there is tons of aftermarket parts for it, I get a lot of people staring at it giving me thumbs up and my daughter is in love with it.

However I don't think it's the fastest quad out there or the best.

I'm curious about the KFX700. It does seem large (saw one at a distance) and I already have a large quad (I truly love my DS, stuff in general is simplier on it over the Raptor and for sure and suspension is far better) but I think it's great that the ATV industry is making more sport quads. If I ever do come across one I'm going to beg the guy to ride it. I want to see what it's got. Automatic quad isn't always a bad thing. Hasn't there been a time you guys have missed a shift? Or jumped in a wrong gear. If I had money pouring out of my pockets I think I'd take the dip. I'm sure once they tap into that motor they will unleash what the things got. In ATV Rider as it stands now Raptor guys... the DS is the fastest quad out of thier test lineup (of course the V-Force wasn't in shootout) but I'm sure some ATV mag will pit all the production quads of today and we'll get a glimpse of what is the fastest out there.

Stop bashing it guys. We should be glad there are more options instead of limiting ourselves to it. I remember when the 400 EX came out all the Banshee guys were knocking the crap out of it saying "My Shee is faster". Give it a break and just embrace it.

Old 04-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Range Rover
Default rappy or v-force

Well I dont see how your having problems trail riding, I fly through the woods all the time no problem. If your trying to make a sharp turn just turn and spin the tires man, get crazy. If your talking about trails that you have to turn and turn and turn, thats not what its made for man, it goes 75 mph.