Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

grocery getters (go ahead and rip on me)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grocery getters (go ahead and rip on me)

JakalWarrior ... lol ... dont you hate getting into a torqless car after ridin your quad.....

MalHombre.. what year is your T & C ????

Old 04-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fst4WrD;
it's a '97 w/ the 3.8L motor. it will haul a$$!
i really like it plus it looks so dang sexy w/ the 16" alloys and dark tinted windows! oh yeah![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

NICE.... does it have the rear spoiler like the Grand Caravans ? Those look real good in white or maroon...

LOL .. never thought there was this many minivan guys in here , I figured I was going to get ripped on more then anything

Thanks

Old 04-25-2003, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

naw, don't have the spoiler but i agree those do look nice!

Old 04-25-2003, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

if ya need a 4x4 van with a lift and dont want to look likea grocery getter buy a ford econoline 350 and put decals on it. i saw a white one with duell exhaust and bfgoodrich radial off road tires it was awesome

Old 04-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Yes I hate driving my guttless truck, nothing on bottom, then the power builds in mid range, builds some more on top end. Then around 5000 RPMs you go HERE IT COMES, then you go wtf? no more power? Dosent help that its a manual either. Sounds like more fun but when u got no power its just more work.

BTW,
I looked em all up, the ones that tow the most are Toyota Sienna with 3500lbs, and Dodge Caravan with 3800lbs. The rest all tow about 2000lbs. The Honda seems to be mid pack price, also has the most hp and is the fastest. The Ford and Venture are right around the same price but the ford has more HP and Torque, but the chevy is rated to tow more. Also the ford has crap gas mileage because of all the emissions stuff they jammed into it to make it an ulta low emissions vehicle. Voyager is in the same range but dosent seem to outdo the for or chevy with any of the numbers. The Caravan is low on the price scale and pulls a whallop. None of the prices vary too much though (talking strictly about base prices). Personally I would go with the Honda since that monster motor is base equipment and it still has good mileage. Or if you want the biggest puller the Caravan is there but who wants to drive a dodge? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

How cool , thanks for the info , all tho I dont mind the Dodge considering I am gonna be parking it in the street and in front of my neighbers house...lol

Old 04-25-2003, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

I have pulled some pretty big trailers with my GMC Safari. Its the 4.3 liter vortec, so it doesnt pull to bad. I had an older astro van, and it also had the bigger engine, and pulled lots too. The Safari is no Hemi Dodge mind you, but it can pull a 4 place trailer easily.

-Nick

Old 04-25-2003, 08:37 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MalHombre
it's a '97 w/ the 3.8L motor. it will haul a$$!
i really like it plus it looks so dang sexy w/ the 16" alloys and dark tinted windows! oh yeah!
Originally posted by: FsT4WrD
NICE.... does it have the rear spoiler like the Grand Caravans ? Those look real good in white or maroon...

MY GOD MAN, LISTEN TO YOURSELF!!!!! FsT4WrD, Go towards the LIGHT, Follow the sound of my VOICE!!!!!!

We are talking Mini Vans here, NOT Ferraris. Get a hold of yourself. The rear spoiler in a Dodge Caravan is meant to help keep the rear window clean for God sakes, NOT because it is COOL!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I mean for Cryin Out Loud, if you got to get one, then do it Quietly, have some DIGNITY!!!!

SORRY, but everyone was being so supportive, I had to make sure the death of your COOLNESS didn't go un-checked. After all, the Thread title did say "(go ahead and rip on me)" J/K [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

I have two videos you need to see, one is of an souped astro doing a bad burnout. The other is of a old dodge caravan spanking a vet in the quarter mile. The Minivan ran a 10. something though, so it might have been a lil souped [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Search for astro burnout or minivan race and you might find one of em on kazaa.

Quick Reply: grocery getters (go ahead and rip on me)