Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

grocery getters (go ahead and rip on me)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grocery getters (go ahead and rip on me)

I am getting tiered of haveing to hitch a ride with my quad cause I dont have a truck...

I am considering getting a minivan (yuk) for my family of 5 I am wondering if and which kind of mini van will pull a trailer for 2 quads .
I would rather have a full size ext cab pu but funds are below 5k and 92 -96 astros and caravans are cheap...

any response would be cool even if its harpin on me for considering a cruiser ...lol

Old 04-25-2003, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Well, my ex drives a Winstar and it can tow a ton. This should be enough for two ATV's and a trailer. I think most mini vans will tow that. I sure wouldn't want to show up at the trail head in one though! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2003, 01:36 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: FsT4WrD
92 -96 astros
The Chevy Astro vans were designed off of a mid 80's truck chassis. Will pull a trailer with 2 quads no problem.

Old 04-25-2003, 01:54 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

I tow my 14 ft. ATV trailer with 4 Quads on it with a 91 Chevy Caprice Station Wagon. It's a Trailer Package Wagon, and it does Great. It's a 7 passenger wagon, with 8 inch Rallies on it. Hell you can even sleep in it if you need to. With the back seat folded down, you can haul an 8'X4' piece of plywood. The only down side is that you can't drive it out on to the sand.

Old 04-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

get an astro. one of the people in are group use to pull a 20' cargo trailer with theirs.

Old 04-25-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pechmial
I sure wouldn't want to show up at the trail head in one though! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My thoughts exactly , but the wife says on the way to which ever place we ride she will drive and I can play PS2 (off road fury 2 ofcourse)
on the overhead TV and have Huevos playin on the headrest tv's . I figure with that deal my ride style should improve cause I will be
AMPED big time ....lol

Old 04-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for reminding me RPM , we do ........do a lot of Dunes and the Astro is what I am really looking into getting ..

How are they for sand guys ????

And one more thing , if I am meeting up at a trail and the fam is staying home will my quad fit in the van
with the seats out ???? (I have never seen the inside of a astro in person)

Thanks for all the input [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 04-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

when i bought my blaster we brought it home in the back of a jeep cheroke. so it should fit in an astro no problem. to make it more manly put a small lift on it with some bigger tires. also they made some models(can't remember which) with all wheel drive. that would be better for sand.

Old 04-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, minivans get a pretty bad rap but their not all that bad. i've had a '90 ford aerostar van and i could roll my quad in the back end and it fit w/ room to spare. unfortunately, the transmission's going out on it and wifo's not gonna let me roll my "filthy quad" into the back of her chrysler town&country![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
the chrysler t&c's are really nice tho, drive like a dream and plenty of power to pull a small trailer. lots of cargo/passenger space. will haul a full sheet of plywood even w/ the seats in.
just make sure you get the largest motor available in whatever you choose.

Old 04-25-2003, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

If you can wing it, station wagons rule. My moms 99 Taurus Wagon has a big honkin motor, so im sure it can pull. Not to mention it gets from 50-90 real fast when u want to pass [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Actually handles better than the sedan because it has close to 50/50 weight distribution because of the added booty. On the other hand, my gramps just bought a new Honda Oddesy. It has leather all around, power seats and doors, monster motor, etc..... Very nice. Of course to me, anything with torque feels like a monster motor because my daily driver has none.

Quick Reply: grocery getters (go ahead and rip on me)