Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my 400ex will smoke most of your raptors......

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 400ex will smoke most of your raptors......

AZBigdaddy, Like I said we'll be at the 339th drags this sunday morning at 10 am. If you can bring it down then have someone else bring it. MHargrove also has a fast 400 and he'll be there this weekend.

Old 05-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Range Rover

Turbo or not,my lawn tractor rips.
In the woods,if you meet a big log,just pop the clutch to get the front wheels over it and then turn on the mowing deck and cut a path right through it.
I can carry the front wheels for days on that thing.

Sorry for the distraction but seems any thread titled "My (insert brand name here) will smoke all of your (insert competitor's brand name here)!" is just asking for random wise-a$$ humor.

Old 05-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

Why put all of that on a dinosaur like the 400EX?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Range Rover

is this the bike that is always at kenz???

Old 05-02-2003, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

My 2 cents....I see any unexperience rider bragging about how he put nos on his 400ex. It only goes 64 mph unless you changed the sprockets, I hope you have a wheelie bar. Also they do have Turbos out for the 660 Raptor for around 3 grand. The attache the your airbox and mount onto the bottom of the left fender. It gives it 72 HP with the turbo and with Nitrous Oxide it would be unstoppable but I would not put Nitrous Oxide into my motor. You spend all that money and then you start dumping Nitrous Oxide in and eventually you get engine wear. If you have a turbo 400ex, lets see how long it lasts with a turbo and an NOS. Also I hope you have at least a 3+ inch swing arm and possibly lowered. Now that I have wasted my time writing this.....it sounds like you just want attention. I say grow up, another my quad is faster than yours thread. It all depends on where you put your money and how much you have. I could spend maybe 4 grand and get a Banshee and a couple aftermarket parts and smoke your *** but I will stick with my Raptor. Also I am going to be racing a 96 Banshee with fmf pipes and headers. All I have is a K&N filter with lid off. I have heard alot of Banshee owners talking smack on Raptors so we will see who wins. I went over to his house the other day and he said he is still trying to start out in first gear without spinning the tires. He took it around the yard for a quick spin and it seemed slow to me. My Raptor would probaly eat it up. I am waiting for an upper left a-arm to come so I can put that on and ride like I stole it again. I bent the S**t out of the Ball and bearing screw

Old 05-03-2003, 03:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

fmf pipes AND headers huh. i always thought banshee's were 2-stokes...

Old 05-03-2003, 06:50 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: cool74
My 2 cents....I see any unexperience rider bragging about how he put nos on his 400ex. It only goes 64 mph unless you changed the sprockets, I hope you have a wheelie bar. Also they do have Turbos out for the 660 Raptor for around 3 grand. The attache the your airbox and mount onto the bottom of the left fender. It gives it 72 HP with the turbo and with Nitrous Oxide it would be unstoppable but I would not put Nitrous Oxide into my motor. You spend all that money and then you start dumping Nitrous Oxide in and eventually you get engine wear. If you have a turbo 400ex, lets see how long it lasts with a turbo and an NOS. Also I hope you have at least a 3+ inch swing arm and possibly lowered. Now that I have wasted my time writing this.....it sounds like you just want attention. I say grow up, another my quad is faster than yours thread. It all depends on where you put your money and how much you have. I could spend maybe 4 grand and get a Banshee and a couple aftermarket parts and smoke your *** but I will stick with my Raptor. Also I am going to be racing a 96 Banshee with fmf pipes and headers. All I have is a K&N filter with lid off. I have heard alot of Banshee owners talking smack on Raptors so we will see who wins. I went over to his house the other day and he said he is still trying to start out in first gear without spinning the tires. He took it around the yard for a quick spin and it seemed slow to me. My Raptor would probaly eat it up. I am waiting for an upper left a-arm to come so I can put that on and ride like I stole it again. I bent the S**t out of the Ball and bearing screw

HUH?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Range Rover

What do you mean by huh? I made everything clear.

Old 05-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

now this is where i normally jump in and ands call this 400ex guy names...but i looked at the turbo and the setup and it looked top notch to me..and if Gerrat is behind this, OMG its got to be good!!! the price is good for what u get...and the numbers don't lie. i have looked at turbos systems..most r around and over 3g's w/ no intercooler. this one has an intercooler, blow off valve, waste gate, etc...i would get one!!!

its a damn shame its on 400ex though

Old 05-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

cool..... banshees dont have headers

Quick Reply: my 400ex will smoke most of your raptors......