Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior input

Nac's has the 14 tooth sprocket.

Old 05-06-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior input

Hey,

i just got a '97 Warrior. of the problems mine has, i can probably blame most of them on the lack of maintance by the PO. so if you're buying a used one, just be sure to check everything out thoroughly.

the warrior does seem to be geared low, which is nice for climbing stuff. so depending on your riding terrain that could be a good thing, or you can up the gearing for more top speed. no it's not the fastest in the group, but you won't get left behind either. i rode the trails with a Scrambler 500 and a Predetor this weekend, and through the trails we all stayed together just fine.

my biggest complaints are crappy turning radius and low ground clearance, but you can work around those once you get some riding experience on it. i do recommend a good swing arm skid plate as that area takes a beating.

i really like the size of the warrior. fits me perfect (5'10"). the warrior only weighs like 400 pounds, so IMO it's much easier to control than say the Scrambler's my buddies have. it feels very stable and has good power.

i hit a few small jumps this weekend, and the warrior handled everything just fine. the front suspension seems to be a tad stiff, but that's adjustable.

you say the carb is stopped up . . . i'd check into that BEFORE you buy it. does the quad have any mods on it? if so, somebody might have tried to adjust the jetting and don't have it right. pull the spark plug. if it's wet and black, then it's rich. it's it's white, it's lean. if it's brown somebody got lucky and got the jetting right, lol.

if you have any other questions, just ask.

later,
bigmac

Old 05-07-2003, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior input

I'm not buying my friends warrior. His is a piece of crap and got ripped off on it. The P.O. of it raced it and my idiot friend bought it for 3300. The whatever the problem with it is, it was like that when he bought it. He has had all kinds of problems with it like starter, carb., engine, etc. Like I said above, I is a piece of crap.

Old 05-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior input

I've been debating the same decision. Don't let the low ground clearance make you look elsewhere. All sport quads have low ground clearance. And if the Yamaha website is correct, the Warrior has more ground clearance than the Raptor. Don't flame me, but I think that's right.

Old 05-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default warrior input

thanks guys, now all i have to do is sell my truck and dirt bike. Then I'm looking for a warrior.