Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor stalls in wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor stalls in wheelies

Thanks guy!! I have to give some credit to others here that have helped me out too.

Trapland... what kinda tips you looking for? I may have some more.

Vforcer.. I have not met any riders at North Gateway tire, but live about 2 minutes from it, we talked on here once before though. Maybe we can get together for a ride sometime.

Old 05-08-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

RaptorRidr

Do you ever go to Elson Street, Rumble on the Ridge, or Hope Dale ? We ride all those. There are three or four of us that go as a group ..... would welcome some more. I live on Medina Rd, just inside Summit County.
I am considering going to Elson Street this Sat ..... We are all planning to go to the Rumble in the 24th.

Old 05-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

I go to the rumble on the ridge. I have heard of elson st. but never been there. I can't ride till next week probably, I am waiting on a new posilock locknut for my dureblue axle. mine got messed up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] There is a rumble on the 24th this month, you going?? I am almost positive I am going.

Old 05-08-2003, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

RaptorRidr660R, Here's some questions. How can I make my performance silencer (T4) quiet? the "quiet core" makes it perform worse than the stocker and it sounds like a model airplane. Any stability tips for cheap? Any easier way to adjust the exhast valves? How much drag should be on the feeler when sliding it out? Whats the best way to groove tires (stock) to increase sideslideability?

I've got lots more [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRidr660R
I go to the rumble on the ridge. I have heard of elson st. but never been there. I can't ride till next week probably, I am waiting on a new posilock locknut for my dureblue axle. mine got messed up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] There is a rumble on the 24th this month, you going?? I am almost positive I am going.

We are going to the Rumble ...... there were 2800 quads at the last one ..... what a great day !!

Old 05-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Trapland, wow, I would say you do have alot of questions! LOL... As far as cheap stability, I had a set of wider offset rims that I got from Rockymountain that did the trick till I got my axle. They were cheap with a tire rim combo. I had a T-4 on my DRZ when I had it, I also bought the quiet core for it and it performed decent after playing with the jetting a little, but you will get the best power with out it. I never had to adjust my exhaust valves yet so I have no tips, all I can say is I am sure it will be alot of fun. When I adjust my intakes, which always seem to tighten up, I adjust them to the bigger side of the reccomended tolerance and have a decent amount of drag on the feeler gauge. Never tried grooving tires. Sorry I was not as helpfull on those as the float adjustment. I'll try harder next time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Vforcer.... I will be there, hopefully we can hook up and get some good riding in. I was at the march 29th rumble, It was muddy and there was definately alot of people, probably the most I have seen there!