Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I HATE FED-EX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HATE FED-EX!!!

I bought my piston kit of ebay last tuesday, so the guy emails me and said it shipped them thursdy. I was like thats a little late but o.k., I asked him for a tracking number or some proof of shipping (I guess im a little to cautious). Well he never emails me back, so I email him today threating a negative feed back and he "finds" a tracking number. So i put it in the computer and it shows that my shiz has been sitting in ft. worth since SATURDAY!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Sorry I just had to vent. I'm sure I'm not the only one w/ a bad experience.

Old 05-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default I HATE FED-EX!!!

UPS is worse.
I bought something from canada and after 4 weeks I had to buy a similar part from a local company instead. When the UPS package arrived after 6 weeks in the morning, I had my secretary just refuse it and send it back that afternoon. Here is the catch. The ups guy punched in his portable electronic gizmo that he delivered it. When you refuse something and send it back, the UPS guy just takes it and he doesn't scan $hit nor do you get a receipt saying you sent it back. Moral of the story, pay to return ship it and get a tracking number.

Old 05-07-2003, 08:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I HATE FED-EX!!!

Yeah, UPS sucks is my experience. You pay for insurance and you never get to use it because they will argue with you until you turn blue in the face. They got answers for everything. But, I do like when its their fault(losing a package) because if you have insurance on it, they pay in two weeks. Postal service pays in 6 months. Thats my experience with them also. So who do you wan to use????? Just pick one and hope for the best.

Old 05-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default I HATE FED-EX!!!

Ya your damd if insure you do insure (b/c the claim takes soooo long) and damd if you dont. If they mess your shiz up and you get it and the damage aint that bad just re-sell it (thats what ive done 4 times). I usually use fed-ex b/c out here ups is 2-3 days slower and more expensive. I just had to vent b/c I have an engine builder holding my cylinders until I get the pistons up to him.

Old 05-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default I HATE FED-EX!!!

I ordered 1000 ATV Connection stickers. They arrive via US Mail and the package had gotten wet and destroyed all the stickers. It seems the package sat out in the rain at the airport and they delivered it to me with the paper envelope falling off it because it was all soggy. US mail just told me I should have insured it when it was shipped. It didn't matter it was their fault.

Old 05-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default I HATE FED-EX!!!

ooooohh THAT SUX!! So far I've had good look w/ us mail on small stuff. I would never ship anything bigger than a clymer manual through them though.

Old 05-08-2003, 03:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default I HATE FED-EX!!!

I have used UPS and have gotten stuff through HL and East Kentucky by the next day but the longest it has taken is four days so far.

Old 05-08-2003, 07:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default I HATE FED-EX!!!

I would have to say UPS is good if you have an insider. The UPS guy shows up so much at our house, he is part of the family. The US Postal service is another story. I have mailed several videos out and the last one I sent never made it to it's destination. However, the label on the box was nicely cut off and put in one of those plastic bags with a 4 page letter explaining that if I want to file a claim it will take 90 days to process. I would have to send a letter describing my missing item with prepaid postage box so if they do find it they can send it back to me. I went to the post office and the gentleman behind the counter looks at me and says "Looks like someone cut your box" I said "Yes, do you remember me coming in and asking you what would be the best why to send it and this is what you told me to use." He says, "Never seen that happen before. Don't know what to tell you little lady." I said, "How about telling me that you are going to help fill out this paper work." He says, "Sure, come back after lunch I am alittle busy right now. I was there at 8 am in the morning.

However, Fed Ex has been great. Never have I had a package late, wet, etc. So, I guess it is the luck of the draw.

Old 05-08-2003, 12:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default I HATE FED-EX!!!

DOH! I knew I should have recieved that video! J/K!

Old 05-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default I HATE FED-EX!!!

You guys haven't seen messed up packages until you try shipping over seas.
I had something come from Beijing and when it got to me it was wrapped in tape the only part of the original packing left was a little bit where my address was.
And half the stuff in it was missing.

Quick Reply: I HATE FED-EX!!!