Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

jumps or speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jumps or speed

I am thinking of getting a yosi but i really hate the front shocks on the raptor.I feel there too soft. and I think the rear could be better. I really like hitting Jumps fast and hard. I had works and a dura blue on my old wolverine but would they be good on the raptor.what about the axle? can i get a wider axle with out getting new A arms or would it handle funny? Could i get wheel spacers up front. So what everyone experince, what should i get first.

Old 05-08-2003, 12:16 AM
FMF
Pro Rider
Default jumps or speed

I had the Works on the Front of my Banshee and they are a good Shock. But now I have Axis Front shocks and I like them alot better then the Works.
For a Axle I would go with the Lone Star Axcaliber. Yes you can get a wider Axle with out the A-Arms.
And yes you Could get wheel spacers. I would get the Shocks first.

Old 05-08-2003, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default jumps or speed

It would look kinda funny but it is your 4 wheeler

NuG

Old 05-08-2003, 05:30 AM
Range Rover
Default jumps or speed

Originally posted by wolv99: can i get a wider axle with out getting new A arms or would it handle funny? Could i get wheel spacers up front.

Well, iv'e got +5inch rear wheel spacers without any modifications to the front end and there a top notch mod, alot more stability in the corner. Although they say if you extend the rear without doing the front you'll tend to have more body roll in the corners, but personally i haven't had any experiance's like that or any other problems like bent axles etc. For a axle definatly RPM or as FMF said Lone Star. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2003, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default jumps or speed

too soft?
it has adjustingments u noob

Old 05-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default jumps or speed

With the rear wider than the front, your quad will "push" through rutted corners badly,
Spacers will bend your axle if you jump seriously and spacers up front will make your shocks a little to soft for flying
I'd recommend buying axle, front spacers and shocks at the same time,
if you havve to break it down into seperate purchases buy the axle and spacers then boost the quality of your shocks when the money tree comes into bloom.

If I did it over again suspension would get attention first, motor mods only made me faster insmooth stretches an the track

Old 05-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default jumps or speed

im confused, why would spacers make your shocks feel softer? what are the pros and cons of front wheel spacers cause i was actually planning on gettin a +2 durablue. thanks

Old 05-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default jumps or speed

Spacers would make your shocks feel softer because they are valved for the force put on them buy a certain length a-arm. If you get wider a-arms or spacers you put more pressure on the shocks. If you buy longer a-arms you should get your shocks revalved and possibly resprung for the longer length especially if you really air it out or ride through some seriously rough terain.

Old 05-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default jumps or speed

Think about it this way. Is it easier to hold a 10 pound brick at your chest or with your arm fully extended? It's kind of the same way with the a-arms. they are wider so there is alot more leverage going down on them. hard to explain.......

Old 05-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default jumps or speed

Couldnt he get the rear axle and put the front tires on backwords? That would make it quiet wider in the front. i now a couple of z-400 riders that did that and its awsome.

Quick Reply: jumps or speed