Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

OH CANADA???????? time for a border skirmish!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003 | 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default OH CANADA???????? time for a border skirmish!!!!

hossblur attitudes like yours are the reason so many countrys hate the U.S .Canada said it would only go to war WITH the UN's approval, not that we didnt believe the americans didnt have just cause( have you found any weapons of mass destruction yet)but Canada is a strong supporter of the UN and not going along with them just wouldnt be wise.and besides with all the friendly fire accidents the americans are famous for you would probably wipe out our tiny army before we could be any help.

Old 05-12-2003 | 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

rrude, you made all the points I was thinking while reading this post. We didn't go to war because the UN didn't approve it. I agreed that this was the right move. Cretien had ***** to defy Bush, and I admire that. How many people actually think the sole purpose of the war in Iraq was to oust Saddam? You'd have to be a fool and very niave to think that was the only reason. Bush is a slave to big oil, and so was his father. Using the excuse that Iraq may have weapons of mass destruction (they're good at hiding stuff, since you haven't found any yet) was good timing at best. The would is so scared about terrorisim at the moment that Bush believed that we would support this war at the drop of a hat. Not so. Also, why not dis the UN, or France, Germany etc.? They didn't support the war either. And if he's ridding the world of evil dictators, which countries are next? Sadamm can't be the only evil leader in the world today. And what about North Korea? They openly addmitted and flaunted the fact that they now have a nuclear weapons program, in direct violation with the anti-proliferation treaty. Bush just shrugs this off and goes looking for a needle in a haystack. Maybe if he's nice enough, the Iraquis will give him oil, which was the goal of this war all along.

Old 05-12-2003 | 04:56 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I thought we covered all this already?
Canada has some good ideas and some nice people. If we were lucky enough to have a super power as our only neighbor, who was onligated to back us up no matter what we did, we probably could have a small military and afford to have government health care. I respect Canada for their opinions, but this is an issue where you have to help your neighbor. Its like when you neighbor asks you to help you move his piano, it sucks bad , but you have to , even if you don't like pianos. You don't say screw you and your piano and those "damn American, always wanting to move their piano"
I am not saying Hossblur is right by any means, but Canada turned their back on their neighbor, that sucks.
By the way, whoever said that Bush is a slave to Big Oil. We buy alot more oil from Canada than the middle east. Now that I think about it, I see where you Canadians are coming from. If we take Iraqi oil, then we don't need Canadian oil as much and when oil prices drop so will Canadian's profits. So as you see, Canada, has interests in this oil thing too. Thats why I think you should take out the politics and oil and help your neighbor when he needs it, because thats the good neighbor thing to do.

Old 05-12-2003 | 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

everybody knows the best nuts come from california!

I swear to you, 30 years ago there was a sign at the oregon, cali border which read: welcome to oregon. A nice place to visit, but dont plan to stay.

now its not politically correct.... but it did make the point! hehe

as for WMDs, ol' Hans and the boys ditzed around for 12 years and didnt find squat, so dont expect us to waltz in their and find them. I think the Frogs were stalling us in the UN [which they did] so saddam had time to move em out....prob to syria [NOOOOOOO we dont have em...} snicker. at this point, even Iran wouldnt surprise me...

so my guess is that either he and khaddafi are spiltting margaritas, or saddam and putin are matching shots of vodka. whatya you think?

at any rate, we found enuf gas masks etc and even some raw materials, ok we found the bullets, do we really need to find the gun?

Old 05-12-2003 | 06:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have read this thread,and I have to agree with many poeple on both sides, BUT the end result is this:

Yes, the US has created a few monsters over the years, but when your the most successful country in the world and EVERYONE depends on you for Help$$$$ Protection$$$$ and Trade(exports/inmports) you cannot make everyone happy. Thats just a fact of life. It has caught up to us, over the last decade,and came to a Climax on 9/11. A large terrorist group declared war on the American people(we all know what happened)

We (U.S.A) vowed to get the poeple responsible and whom ever supported these extreme IDIOTS. We all know that thier are MANY countries that HATE the U.S.A (canada is NOT one of them),and thier are ALOT more countries that think the U.S had this coming for a long time(resentment I guess). Thats OK though. It just like that in life sometimes. BUT if you think this war was about OIL!!! your NUTS!! if you think this war(for the american people) was about Weapons of mass destuction, your wrong. WE are still PISSED that we lost 3500 INNOCENT americans,and now have to live "differently" forever, cause certain people have made it their lifes work(literally) to kill americans.

I know some will say, that is the price you pay for being a Super-Power. Maybe your right. But I can garrantee you one thing, Saddam hussain is the KING terrorist!! and that SOB got what he deserved. And I also believe that their are many other countries that harbor terrorism(WHY???) But they will meet the same fate if they F*#% with us too!!!!!

Terrorism is like CRIME, you will never get rid of it. But does that mean you dont Fight IT??? Who if not the U.S. will take this extreme responibility on??? We need help from our "friends" and to be honest, it is a slap in the face to see how some of these countries have turned thier back to the U.S.
But now that the fighting is over, thier are SO MANY hands out thier, wanting to reap the benefits of our labors. Now tell me WHO wants the OIL???

Oh! and dont even get me started on Jordan,Syria,and Iran, wanting to U.S. to GET OUT, cause the Iraque people are suffering,and need help! WTF!!! where is Jordan,Syria,Iran,etc..??? These are Iraqs "nieghbors" and THEY havent send on piece of bread over yet(why), but they will give shelter to the poeple who has kept Iraquis in the dark ages for 30 years!! with friends like that, who needs Inama's?

Bigger.

Old 05-12-2003 | 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

i agree with you biggerisbetter and i wish we did send troops to help, 911 was in the U.S. but we lost canadians in the towers as well and i think canada showed how much it cared about americans in the following days.But all that seemed to fall on deaf ears,bush thanked every country except canada for their help ,its obvious our two leaders dont get along and i know ours will be gone soon unfortunately the whole party wont be but its disturbing to think that a country can turn against another because of one issue.

Old 05-12-2003 | 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Well said Bigger

Old 05-12-2003 | 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

Old 05-12-2003 | 09:18 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: jigjew
rrude, you made all the points I was thinking while reading this post. We didn't go to war because the UN didn't approve it. I agreed that this was the right move. Cretien had ***** to defy Bush, and I admire that. How many people actually think the sole purpose of the war in Iraq was to oust Saddam? You'd have to be a fool and very niave to think that was the only reason. Bush is a slave to big oil, and so was his father. Using the excuse that Iraq may have weapons of mass destruction (they're good at hiding stuff, since you haven't found any yet) was good timing at best. The would is so scared about terrorisim at the moment that Bush believed that we would support this war at the drop of a hat. Not so. Also, why not dis the UN, or France, Germany etc.? They didn't support the war either. And if he's ridding the world of evil dictators, which countries are next? Sadamm can't be the only evil leader in the world today. And what about North Korea? They openly addmitted and flaunted the fact that they now have a nuclear weapons program, in direct violation with the anti-proliferation treaty. Bush just shrugs this off and goes looking for a needle in a haystack. Maybe if he's nice enough, the Iraquis will give him oil, which was the goal of this war all along.

Which ever way benefits that country the most is the way countrys either joined or didnt. So, does it matter if Bush only cares about oil? No
How about france/etc who rather keep an evil dictator in control to keep there weapons and oil deals. You say why dont we say something about France/etc....But the whole time. You are doing the same thing. Listen to your own advice.

Also with what dictator is next... does it matter? You dont care about human lives. You and others cry when we take out one. What would happen if we take them all out. Plus, you cant have it both ways.

Old 05-12-2003 | 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

People... people, people!! Listen to yourselfs.. Why all the hatred?? this is not what we are about.. We all like ATVs, we all ride together and share stories around the fire. This isn't about Canada or Japan or terrorists. It's about friends! So lets turn the other cheek and get this thread back where it belongs. Shake hands... there ya go! Now where were we?? Oh yea.. Bombs rock! raptors suck! there ya go, doesn't that feel better??!!

Quick Reply: OH CANADA???????? time for a border skirmish!!!!