Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sorry guys *dyno runs*

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry guys *dyno runs*

my name is Scott - pick a new name for this homo shizz [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2003, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

the dyno was a Dynojet one, yes they used slicks, temp was in the high 50's low 60's and cloudy?, I dont think it matters what main jets you use as long as its not running to rich or lean and has a smooth curve that revs out, haven't seen printouts but I know I'm making more than most from what they told me, most of the bikes that beat me are highly ported banshees.

I just found out that I got ripped off too! DTR only charges $50 an hour for dyno runs and they charged me $65!! I got this info from someone that knows the guy that jetted my quad!!

Old 05-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Actually, i think Ben has the best deal. Hes running a stock bore Raptor and made as much HP as the other CrayCraft 686's, save for 14 mins..

Oh Yea, and 14mins and AirRaptor, Why dont you guys quit freaking trying to ruin EVERY single THREAD??? Just dont reply back to each other. Its not about you 2!

Roostking..

Old 05-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

Who cares if someone thinks you are a "chump", this is the internet when all is said and done.

[soap box on]

Do you guys ever stop to think about the people who lurk and get driven away from ever posting who just MAYBE could bring something to this website ?? Take knowsalot, how many knowsalot type posters has all these BS pi$$ing matches driven away ??? Remember back when you could ask a tech question and Knowsalot,Moose,raptor720,etc would reply ? Thats what kept me here. When was the last good tech question on here ? Exactly, they have went elsewhere.I can only stomach so much my 686 blah blah blah vs your 7?? blah blah blah,its driving down the quality of this forum and needs to stop for the better of this site.

[soap box off]

Old 05-14-2003, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with Mike. Although I have got caught up in the none tech cr*p, when I have had a question I only get a few replies and most of the time I just give up. But ask who is the fastest and there are all kinds of replies. I do understand that allot of us don't know that much and there are just a few who have the no how. But I to joined because I was learning, know it seems more and more all you read is some talk about how great there quads are. Props to those great guads and there owners, but how about a little help here or there.

Old 05-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Diftz: well said!

theTICK: South Jetty is in Florence.

Old 05-14-2003, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

i sure hope when you guy's run into eachother no one is smiling and someone throws a punch,or you too go take a walk and settle it like real men!

i would never suggest that to anybody but if you got something to prove then do it,i think the level of playing has escalted to fighting words,i hope your playing with eachother but i think we are passed that point.and all the guy's are tired of listing to the non sense(most have wifes and deal with it enough)..I think air should go gaurd something or give someone your damm labtop and mins stop replying back to him,

this post consisted of 1 page, now it has 3 with the second one all 14mins and air argueing over the same stuff.......all i can say is both of you come to 4sw next year and we can have private beatdowns,Craycraft&Trinity...I know i will be there backing up my engine builders.....

Old 05-15-2003, 03:20 AM
DTR
Weekend Warrior

Just to clear up any misconceptions, DTR will be happy to post all of BIGBUBBAS runs. We will also show all jetting changes made to the machine and connect those to his runs. His raptor runs very well. As far as dyno's reading different, Louie Swan ,owner of TWISTER CRANKS ,has just purchased a new dyno jet dyno. They brought one of their 350cc banshee's down to see if their dyno was precise-the difference between the two dyno's was .3 H.P. I do all the dyno work at DTR and I was not there the day he picked up his raptor. Before I had left I was showing a customer his banshee dyno graph and didn't change the screen back. The employee that helped BIGBUBBA dosen't run the dyno computer so he probaly just assumed it was BIGBUBBA'S graph. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused BIGBUBBA. Dyno time is 65.00 @ hour, shop rate is 50.00 @ hour for the record.

Old 05-15-2003, 04:03 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for clearing that up, but why did he say he did the dyno runs and jetting on it and act like he knew everything about it? And why did Rob Jeffers say dyno runs are $50 an hour at your shop? He even said I got hosed. I don't really care anyways, my bike runs great and I think you did a good job on it but the service/employees seemed a little sloppy. I wasnt gonna say anything either but you guys ripped my seat in 2 places, donno how but there are 2 new rips in it and it didnt have any before I took it there.

Old 05-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

DTR,
So it takes your shop $300 or 4.65 labor hours to jet a 686 OUCH! Even with 2 carbs and changing the jets it should have been half that. How hard it is to read the dyno for a experianced guy like you and see if his bike needs more fuel or is falling off and jet up or down and make a few pulls ?? Something just doesnt sound right about paying $300 to dyno your bike.

Quick Reply: Sorry guys *dyno runs*