Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sorry guys *dyno runs*

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry guys *dyno runs*

I just got off the phone with DTR (shop that did my dyno runs) and I'm a little pissed! Turns out that they showed me the wrong dyno sheet on "accident"!! I was calling them to find out when they are gonna send me a print out of my chart and he corrected me (finally) that I'm only dynoed in at 58! I can't believe they led me on like this! He claimed that he "accidently" showed me a dyno chart of a banshee that he did earlier but this chart didnt look like a 2 stroke graph at all! it was very smooth just like a 4 stroke would be! When I was up there paying for it I repeated many times that I was impressed with 67.9 and they never corrected me about what I was really making! I think something was fishy! I payed $300 for only about 5 HP! This is bullsh*t! I can't believe they lied to me like this! This is horrible business! I feel really bad about this! He told me he's been getting calls from all over about my Raptor making almost 70 HP and he STILL never called me to clear it up! What the hell does that say?! I think they led me on on purpose because I was bragging about 14mins bike making 67 HP and mine being a clone of it, that or they didn't think I would pay $300 for 5 HP and thought if they told me I was making more I'd pay more! Seems like they did this to make me pay for it! I feel like I lied to all of you and I'm sorry for doing that. DTR should be on here apoligizing to you guys NOT me but I feel guilty about it and wanted to let you guys know that I'm sorry. I'm never doin business with them again.

Old 05-12-2003, 04:55 PM

that does seem a little fishy. Thats a big drop too, 10 hp. That all just doesnt add up either,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Patrick

Old 05-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

don't worry about. at least you had the ba11$ to come on here and correct it.

Old 05-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

I just hate being called a lier cause I hate lieing and wouldnt do that to you guys. I don't want everyone see me as a bullsh*ter and/or lier because I'm not and I feel guilty about it. Thats why I'm posting this. Hope you guys understand.

Old 05-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Thats cool BigBubba, still 58hp is a good number for a Raptor. You can still beat a lot of people with that.

Old 05-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer

What do you mean $300 for 5hp?

Old 05-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Ernie: Ya, I'm still very happy with it and it runs great but it's just the fact that they bluntly lied to me. And yes 58 HP is still pretty darn good and I still beat EVERY 4 stroke I ever race, some of the banshees are tough though.

Harv: I payed $300 for the dyno runs and carb tuning and only gained 5 horsepower from it.

Old 05-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

bubba, don't let the number get you down. Your 58 dyno could be 63 on another dyno and 53 on someone elses. You use the dyno to tune the quad and see the improvments made. 5hp is 5hp more than you had when you went in there.

Old 05-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Bubba even though you say your bike is Marks clone NO two bike are the same and he was running a bigger exhaust system then you so that helped him get more hp. JMO I didn't think you could get that kinda HP with a Yoshi. But everybodys right 58 will beat most raptors out there

Pat

Old 05-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, don't get me wrong 58 is a good number. They did a good job fine tuning and jetting too cause it runs great and I beat most everything! I wasn't expecting the same numbers as Mark but I was hoping for being in the 60's. What they did just torques my monkey though is all.

Quick Reply: Sorry guys *dyno runs*