Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Sorry, another "Which Quad?" thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry, another "Which Quad?" thread

I know you guys see this all the time, but my needs are specific and there's so much biased information out there, it's been hard to choose. I thought I could get the most un-biased suggestions here, so hopefully I'm right! I, personally, prefer Yamaha over other makes because of my personal experience. However, I feel the quality of each machine, no matter what make, varies. I've just had good luck with Yamaha. Currently I own an '01 Warrior, stock except for tires, wheel spacers, and K&N cone filter. I love this fourwheeler, but I need something bigger now, because I'm afraid of hurting it how hard I ride it. My choices are down to the DVX400, LT-Z400, KFX400, Raptor 660R, or Predator 500. I did want a 400EX after I fell in love with my uncle's, but decided I wanted to minimize the choices to only four stroke, liquid cooled engines. I do mostly trailing, but ride fast, hard and try to find decent jumps anywhere. I don't go crazy off dunes, or huge motocross jumps, so I didn't want to invest too much money by getting a YFZ-450 or Honda 450R. I'm looking to spend around $4k for a nice used fourwheeler, to replace my Warrior. I'm pretty hard into turns, that's how I can beat most larger quads, so handling is important, but the suspension end as far as travel for jumping is too. Speed is as well, but not the most important since I'm mostly a trailer. Thanks for any imputs guys, I hope you can help me out! Sorry this was so long!

Old 01-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Range Rover

from wat ur saying it sounds like you need a z400. My friends has one and it has great handling considering its low center or gravity. It is pretty powerful and they can be modded. The z is only being improved more and aftermarket companies are maiking more mods. It has reverse which is great for the woods and a smooth 5 speed tranny. Im geussing u still ant a manual transmition and wat type of riding will u do whats important to u in a quad. List ur most important features that u want on ur future quad and compare them between deifferent quads. good luck

Old 01-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The "DVX" , "KFX" and the "Z-400" are all z-400s in difrent plastics! i would go with the dvx cuz it's plastica have the best colors but otherwise there all sweet but the pred is way faster and more powerfull it now also has reverse just you have to buy it new.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

DVX 400, awesome looking quad. but, the pred is just so.........awesome! Either one would be a great choice.

Old 01-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

I would say the predator because it has more power than the 400 and handles as good, I eliminated the raptor because you like turning fast and with the raptor it's dangerous. So I would say the predator, because it's quicker, handles good, and it's not that bad in reliability.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Dude, they are all fine machines... most of the deal is going to be rider anyway... so get one that fits you, and is the best value ....

Old 01-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

I'd vote a DVX/Z400/KFX400 becuz it's a well proven quad. Which one makes no difference as of it's all suzuki and if 3 companies are using it isn't it a good quality quad......?

Old 01-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

I would go with the Z400 just my 2 cents[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Range Rover

I cant believe I am going to recommend a suzuki......but here goes.....the Z would be a good choice for you and you can get a good deal on a used one.......

Old 01-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRider619
I cant believe I am going to recommend a suzuki......but here goes.....the Z would be a good choice for you and you can get a good deal on a used one.......
See that wasn't so hard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Sorry, another "Which Quad?" thread