Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Any of you guys know what this part is?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any of you guys know what this part is?

I recently purchased a 2006 Baja Wilderness Trail 250cc from my friend which from what I gather the motor is a clone of a Yamaha Timberwolf / Beartracker, well after making a few minor adjustments to the unit it starts and runs really well, but, I just did an oil change and I found the pin in the oil drain plug hole, I just cannot figure out what this pin could be from, any ideas. The ATV still shifts and runs great....

One other question, does anyone know if the Timberwolf / Beartracker motor would fit into the Wilderness frame and drive.

T.I.A.

Attached Thumbnails Any of you guys know what this part is?-pin-1.jpg   Any of you guys know what this part is?-pin-2.jpg   Any of you guys know what this part is?-pin-3.jpg  
Old 12-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Range Rover

No kiddin' and 2cm long at that?!? I wonder if that could be a roller from a bearing? Can't be all bad if still running and there's no more do-dads like that in the oil.

Joel

Old 12-23-2009, 08:33 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Thats kinda scary... wonder if its been in there since it was new? Spare parts maybe? Actually have no idea...no idea on the engine swap either but its likely to fit.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

The oil was clean, no metal bits and still runs and shift great, so i`ll run it until it / if it breaks, then replace the motor with a real Yamaha unit.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by tommyis3
The oil was clean, no metal bits and still runs and shift great, so i`ll run it until it / if it breaks, then replace the motor with a real Yamaha unit.
I can't remember did you say what factory that came out of? AS the early baja 250's were made by Jianshe and were better than later models made at another factory.

As for the pin...yikes! Just run it if its all working maybe it didn't belong in there in the first place....hopefully!

Old 12-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Trailblazer

Its a Jianshe engine it the Baja, but thats the plan run it until it breaks.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Range Rover

Oooo! I got it!! Maybe it was a Chinese tooth pick?

Joel

Old 12-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

The quad is still running an shifting great, but, I found myself bidding on a Yamaha Timberwolf complete motor on E-Bay, I won the auction, and I got a pretty good deal, $180 inc delivery for a complete running motor, i`m not going to change the motor over until / if it breaks, so whats the best way of keeping the spare motor in good condition, plug the holes, fill it with oil, turn it over with the pull start a couple times a week? How long will the motor keep if I do this?

Old 12-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Range Rover

For a small engine like that, clean, dry storage is key. Add a somewhat temperature controlled atmosphere like a nice clean, dry basement storage shelf and it's all the better.

Joel

Old 12-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the reply OneTen

Quick Reply: Any of you guys know what this part is?