Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Sunl 200 Wont Start Carb Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunl 200 Wont Start Carb Problems

Ok first from reading on these forums there seems to be alot of guys who know quite a bit about the atvs.
I have a sunl 200cc atv i picked up to rebuild. I just put on a Brand new water cooled motor yesterday and im having trouble getting it to run. I have spark compession but no fuel. My carb bowl is filling up with fuel but its not getting sucked in to the motor. I hold the throttle wide open and shoot starting fluid in to it and it will run as long as i keep shooting in starting fluid. I took the carb off and cleaned the needle and all but the fuel wont come out of the bowl when the needle is lifted. The venturie or whatever its called is not working i guess. How can i fix this guys? If i can get the fuel from the carb bowl into the motor i will be good to go.
Thanks Jeff

Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jeff_5_7!

Id guess your main jet and of pilot jet are clogged...Id clean the whole carb...if that isnt it maybe a vacuum leak between the carb and engine.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was the pilot jet in the carb i got it fixed Thanks.

I have a few more questions now after riding the atv.

1. Why is is so hard to switch gears? It seems like it really dosnt like shifting through the gears. Sometimes i will get in first and then it will jump out back to neutral. Can this be fixed? It is also kinda hard to get in to reverse. I have to try two or three times normally. Mabey some better oil? I got rid of the chinese oil in it for some pennzoil 10w30 i just had some so i used it.

2 My four wheeler had a digital gaguge that tells you what gear you are in. How can i reset ir or somthing. The problem is when i am in neutral the gauge shows reverse but when i shift down to reverse the Gauge shows nuetral. The shift pattern is one down for reverse and then up 1234 with nuetral between reverse and 1.

3 Can u buy a new choke lever for my carb? I dropped it and the black plastic lever on the side of the carb broke. I need a new one but dont want to buy a whole new carb to get it.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff_5_7
It was the pilot jet in the carb i got it fixed Thanks.

I have a few more questions now after riding the atv.

1. Why is is so hard to switch gears? It seems like it really dosnt like shifting through the gears. Sometimes i will get in first and then it will jump out back to neutral. Can this be fixed? It is also kinda hard to get in to reverse. I have to try two or three times normally. Mabey some better oil? I got rid of the chinese oil in it for some pennzoil 10w30 i just had some so i used it.

2 My four wheeler had a digital gaguge that tells you what gear you are in. How can i reset ir or somthing. The problem is when i am in neutral the gauge shows reverse but when i shift down to reverse the Gauge shows nuetral. The shift pattern is one down for reverse and then up 1234 with nuetral between reverse and 1.

3 Can u buy a new choke lever for my carb? I dropped it and the black plastic lever on the side of the carb broke. I need a new one but dont want to buy a whole new carb to get it.
Good Deal

1.You could try some better oil..but Id think if its shifting funny its got problems..

2. Wires crossed maybe?

3. Id look on ebay..cant imagine anyone would sell just the choke arm.