3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

What is this? Where can I get a manual?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this? Where can I get a manual?

Hi from Ontario! I just picked up a 2007, 200cc Chinese ATV. Four stroke, four FWD+one REV transmission. Chain drive, all four disk brakes are on the right pedal, Ser no L5KGUR8H571005140. Its made by the ZheJiang Yongkang Easy Vehicle Co. Ltd. It runs, handles, and shifts like crap.
Can anybody tell me:

What it is?
Where can I find a manual for it?
What spark plug it takes?

Any other information or tuning tricks would be VERY much appreciated. I've been wrenching for 30+ years so please feel free to go deeper than tire pressure or oil level!

Thanks all!

Old 10-16-2014, 07:37 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

A pic would help.. you cant post in a thread until you have 10 posts.. but you can post a pic on your page in a album.

I can tell you it was made in the same city as the factory Jetmoto was using before they went under. Most likely its a push rod 200cc engine.. unless it had a cvt?

What is it? one of hundreds of generic ATV copies from China.

Manual? not likely and it wouldnt tell you much.

Spark plug? NGK D8EA

Old 10-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

would it not be just as easy to start here
Zhejiang Easy Vehicle Co., Ltd

Old 10-16-2014, 10:47 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

good find Zrock.

Id be willing to bet those pics of that factory arent the actual factory..

Old 10-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys. I posted a pic of this "Ching-quad" like you suggested, Mywifesquad. Disregard the master cylinder on the throttle side of the bar. I put that there because I just don't like all four disks running on one brake pedal. I switched it to front brakes on the bar and rear binders on the pedal. I guess thirty+ years of bikes and quads has left me particular about that. Thanks for the plug info too.
The machine is manual trans and clutch. Motor is OHC. I was surprised to find a good old Mikuni carb there! I couldn't find the power band though. (lol)
Thanks Zrock but I was already at that Chinese site a couple of days ago. No success. I sent email to two different departments at their site. No answer yet. Maybe there's no support for round-eye!
Once again, thanks boys! Any information is appreciated. Suggested mods? Nitrous?

Old 10-17-2014, 07:33 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Wow! a ohc engine on a Chinese quad?..that is rare.. especially on older stuff..the pic is only 1.5" square(38mm) square.. my 54 yr old eyes cant make out much. can you re post another pic or 2 please? Im real curious about this one now..

Most Chinese quads are jetted insanely lean (to pass CARB and EPA tests) and will run much better with larger jets.. mikuni jets are easy to find or you can drill them out if you have a number drill set(60-80 for the pilot and 1-60 for the main).

Last edited by mywifesquad; 10-17-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry, my mistake. Its OHV not OHC. Been spending too much time on a project and not enough time sleeping, I guess!
Do you have an email address I can send some pictures to? Just of the ATV, nothing racy. I don't understand about the "repost" request. How will that make the picture easier to see?
I have a numbered drill set. The thing seems to run OK until mid RPM when it starts to miss. Have you ever had any success with different needle profiles or is stretching the jets the best way? I guess I like to try things that I can undo. I've never had much luck drilling a smaller hole in a jet!
Thanks again. May your I.D. always be smaller than you O.D.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:24 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I will pm you my email address.

Ive been trying to figure out how to put material back into hole and make it smaller most of my career.. soon as I do im gonna write a book.. Jets are cheap if you go to big and need a smaller one.

Never messed with the needles.. only jets on the Chinese stuff.. went 4-5 larger on both the pilot and main jet on most of mine. warm up is easier with a larger pilot jet.. no more cough and die during warm up.. if you live and or ride above 4K' the stock jets will do. if you still have the stock (Chinese ) spark plug Id try a NGK or what ever brand you prefer.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:19 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Its got the typical engine but not much else..

Attached Thumbnails What is this? Where can I get a manual?-dsc01937.jpg   What is this? Where can I get a manual?-dsc01938.jpg   What is this? Where can I get a manual?-dsc01939.jpg   What is this? Where can I get a manual?-dsc01940.jpg  
Old 10-21-2014, 07:20 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Shocks are nice looking. The muffler that goes across the back is a unique feature.. Dont think Ive seen that before on a Chinese quad.

Attached Thumbnails What is this? Where can I get a manual?-dsc01941.jpg   What is this? Where can I get a manual?-dsc01942.jpg   What is this? Where can I get a manual?-dsc01943.jpg  

Quick Reply: What is this? Where can I get a manual?