Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Transmission adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission adjustment

I've got two different 125 Chinese atv's. The motors looks little different but the automatic gearbox looks the same. When we got them home I noticed one of them the D-N-R shifter is backwards. So to go into Drive you shift it towards the rear which I thought was odd. And I've also noticed that in reverse it has plenty of torque but in Drive not near as much, is this normal? I don't know much about these automatic gearboxes but is it possible something is backwards. I would think reverse would be geared for less torque. The other atv seems to have the same amount of torque both Drive and reverse. I just thought it odd that both identical looking gearboxes and I'm sure are probably made in the same factory, but the shifter being opposite.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

I repaired a 125 "no name" a while ago and the shift lever did work forwards for back and back for forwards. I assumed the engine was made for foot change, which usually work down for reverse up for forwards. If you stick a long vertical lever on the splined gearchange shaft of one of these, "backwards" shift is what you get. The fact that the Chinese manufacturer couldn't be bothered making a linkage which altered this, says a lot about the quality of the machine.