So. Maine riding. - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-28-2015, 01:06 PM
MooseHenden's Avatar
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,026
Default So. Maine riding.

Had a chance to go riding Friday, 11/27 in So. Maine. Went north out of Waterboro until we hit a gate. Landowner was working on the section of trail that went through his property so it was closed for the season. Went east and then south. Rode up to the top of Ossipee Mountain, Waterboro, ME to take in the view. Odd weather but nice to ride in 63 degree temperatures all day. Never got cold, dust was non-existent, no bugs. Great day to ride.

On top of Ossipee MT, Waterboro, Maine.

Buddy, Paul brewing coffee on top of Ossipee MT.

View from fire tower on same mountain.

Looking down from fire tower.

Looking to the NW.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-06-2015, 07:00 PM
VTQuadrunner's Avatar
Pro Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Albans, VT
Posts: 300
Default

Great pics! Odd weather for sure!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-07-2015, 01:50 PM
MooseHenden's Avatar
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,026
Default

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. Less firewood I have to replace next year.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-2015, 03:30 PM
jumbofrank's Avatar
Moto Psycho
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,863
Default

We're having weird weather here too. We had about 10 inches of snow last month and it's supposed to be in the mid 50s this week. It's going to rain so I'm not going anywhere. I got the plow on and I'm ready for snow. I forgot to mention I like the pics. It looks like a good place to ride.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-08-2015, 05:31 AM
VTQuadrunner's Avatar
Pro Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Albans, VT
Posts: 300
Default

I kinda want the cold weather so the lake can freeze. I'd like to go ice fishing but on the other hand the heating bill so far has been pretty nice so I can't complain too much I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-09-2015, 10:11 AM
MooseHenden's Avatar
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbofrank View Post
We're having weird weather here too. We had about 10 inches of snow last month and it's supposed to be in the mid 50s this week. It's going to rain so I'm not going anywhere. I got the plow on and I'm ready for snow. I forgot to mention I like the pics. It looks like a good place to ride.
If we go out and back we can do a 100 miles without a problem. Maine is trying to link up all the trail systems. Has had its ups and downs but they're making slow progress. Eastern and northern parts of the state have thousands of miles of interconnected trails.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-09-2015, 10:12 AM
MooseHenden's Avatar
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTQuadrunner View Post
I kinda want the cold weather so the lake can freeze. I'd like to go ice fishing but on the other hand the heating bill so far has been pretty nice so I can't complain too much I guess.
Less firewood I have to cut next spring. I have a lot up in Barnard, VT that has maple, beech, silver, yellow, and white birch, and ash. All good hardwoods.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-11-2015, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,304
Default

Been warm here in Illinois as well too. Supposed to be almost 70 degrees on sat and sunday with a slight chance of rain. I hope it holds off as its raining today but its supposed to stop soon. In my opinion, those are almost optimal temperatures to ride. Great pics, looks like a great place to ride.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-11-2015, 12:41 PM
MooseHenden's Avatar
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg74 View Post
Been warm here in Illinois as well too. Supposed to be almost 70 degrees on sat and sunday with a slight chance of rain. I hope it holds off as its raining today but its supposed to stop soon. In my opinion, those are almost optimal temperatures to ride. Great pics, looks like a great place to ride.
I think just a few degrees cooler would have been perfect. Put up a good sweat on the last run back to the truck.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arizona Riding / camping ? wrgas Where to Ride 6 11-24-2015 06:43 PM
ATV riding Glad519 ATV Videos 1 11-23-2015 06:07 PM
Best affordable atv for 1 acre horse property Sydneyhowie Polaris ATVs - Ask an Expert! 8 11-15-2015 11:47 AM
Chance to Win a Custom RZR ATVC Correspondent Other ATV Topics 0 11-12-2015 01:53 AM
Friday Funny: No Rally Car? No Problem! ATVC Correspondent ATV Videos 0 10-29-2015 07:32 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.