General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

First ATV: 4x4 Or Sport ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ATV: 4x4 Or Sport ?

i cant make my mind up of whish one to choose, im stuck between two:
CVT 320e
325 4x4
both of them are Quadzilla but i was thinking if i buy a cvt 320e its going to be more fun offroad and look alot better but if i buy a 325 4x4 it will have more power and more uses for utilities but not be as fun offroad which one should i choose.
i would like precise details on why i should choose either one please.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It sounds like you're talking about a Chinese knock off of a mainstream brand. Personally, I'd avoid them like the plague unless you're a really good mechanic. If you have deep mud and steep rocky hill climbs I'd go with a 4wd. If it's just fairly smooth trails the sport can be more fun. Once again, I recommend avoiding the Chinese knockoffs. They're just not made well.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a Chinese ATV Baja 250 and must admit even though I have been pretty lucky with mine the are not for the type of person who doesn't mind always fixing something. My little guy has taken a pretty good beating and always comes back for more but I am also a automotive mechanic and have always been on top of any future or present issues with it. It reminds me of a FIAT...good luck

Old 02-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

it cant be a knock off because because quadzilla is the number 1 quad brand in the uk so its pretty reliable, but i think i might buy a 4x4 cos it sounds like they can be much more versatile than a sport. thank

Old 02-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought a Quadzilla was a model of Suzuki.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looking at their website they appear to just be a hodge podge collection of chinese knock offs. You are going to regret it.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
x2

I think suzuki makes'em

if I'm wrong and it is chinese- forget it!

Old 02-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Yes, the Quadzilla was a model made by Suzuki in the late 80's, but it's also a brand of ATV that's currently sold in the UK.

http://www.quadzillaquads.com/

I don't know anything about Quadzilla, but I would suggest maybe looking at something like a Polaris Scrambler or Can-Am Renegade. Sport and 4x4 together in one machine. I love my Scrambler.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Those quads on the website are the classic Chinese knockoffs of mainstream manufacturers' machines. The side by side looks like a Polaris RZR but underneath is a Chinese frame, transmission, and engine. The "X8" looks like a CanAm Outlander but again, is a knockoff. Run away!!!! If a manufacturer claims to be number 1, what do they mean by that? Number 1 at the pirating of others' patented models?

Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

but ive seen other quadzillas before that were perfectly fine running, also other companies like the one near me wouldnt bother selling them if they were pirated its obviously a well established business. the only reason you think its a pirate is that youve probably never been on one in your life as you live in america, where you can find hundreds of good brands.

Quick Reply: First ATV: 4x4 Or Sport ?